TROODON | S9 Shaka Red deck | Turnigy SK3 6374 192kv (in FOC) | VESC | Metr.at bluetooth module | 10S 5Ah LiPo | DIYelectricskateboard mounts | Bestech BMS | Psychotiller Flagship V2

Thanks! Really looking forward to a more slim and light enclosure. Already hit a curve too hard with the underside resulting in this a couple weeks ago: :smirk:

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Quick update! My new charger came in the mail. Together with a bag full of adapters… must have missed the ‘10 pieces’ note on the order page. BMS is still on its way.

@psychotiller’s enclosure already arrived some time ago. Just came home from buying some mounting materials. T-nuts and M5 bolts. Rubber rings are also on their way to help against the vibration.

1 Like

Is that charger from Aliexpress?

Yup! Bought it off aliexpress.

Much progress has been made! My old lipo balance charger broke down so I had to order a new one. While my new B6 arrived the last pieces for the transformation to single cord plug & play charging (the bms transformation) also came in the mail.

I bought this one from aliexpress instead of going for the one from Bestech, because it saved me a lot of import fees and shipping costs (took some time though).

It was time to ditch my old enclosure and use t-nuts (‘inslagmoeren’ for the other Dutchies here) to mount @psychotiller’s enclosure. I found out later that those t-nuts loosen up when driving over not-so-smooth terrain and applied super glue a day later. They are holding up great now.

This part took a while, checking, double checking, triple checking everything. Used 2x5s extension balance cords to make a plug & play solution for my lipo’s. This way I can easily disconnect them from the bms en check if the cells are indeed balanced (weekly check).

All the electronics connected for the first time with the BMS. No explosions, no fire, mission successfull!!

And here is everything inside the enclosure. Used double sided tape to attach the batteries, vesc, bms, bluetooth module and transmitter. To fill up the empty space and combat any rattle while riding I used bubble plastic on top of thick foam tape that hold the wires and electronics (no picture).

The batteries now quick charge very nicely and after reaching +/- 40 volts the charger slows down and stops at 41.80 volts.

The final product! It’s truly awesome to just plug in a cable and not having to think about opening up everything to balance charge the batteries manually.

2 Likes

You installed the t-nuts on the bottom…They are falling out because they go on the top of your deck. Then when you put the screw in through the enclosure into the bottom of your deck it is sandwiched between the hardware. Cant fall out. No glue needed.

I was about to do that but figured it would look way better not to penetrate the deck. Should have glued them in the first place though :smirk:

Your enclosure is awesome btw! Very strong but light and round enough to wrap your hand around when carrying the board.

1 Like

Looking good! I am from belgium

Hey if you wouldn’t mind, when you get a chance from time to time, I’m curious how well the supower bms balances, with regen braking and stuff, I got one but haven’t put it on yet

I did a battery cell check today. Since the last actual balance charge I did about 40 km with multiple short recharges in between. It looks pretty good. Biggest difference is between cell 1 of B1 and cell 5 of B2.

1 Like

Ah so that really isn’t too bad then. That’s good

Lekker bezig man! Heel interessant zoals je die moeren aan de onderkant van je deck hebt gemonteerd, maar ziet er daarna wel het mooiste uit

Welke app gebruikte je voor die statistieken?

1 Like

Thnx!! :smile:

I use the metr.at’s app in combination with the VESC Monitor android app. Metr is great for looking back on a ride, vesc monitor is great for quickly checking stats, range left (persistent notification) and changing the riding mode.

Edit: Just did another ultimate range test. Had to push back home the last 800 meter hehe. New 0% in the app now set at 34.3V.

1 Like

Great! I will have a look at those apps when I finish my board

Maybe I’ve missed the information but what is your range with this set-up ?

About 16 km/10 miles of happily punching the throttle.

1 Like

Do you wait for your bms to balance them out?

1 Like

What would you call the bottleneck of the board, because the motor your running can handle up to 4000w so if you had 12s2p Samsung 25r 20a would it go faster?.

Well it already goes fast enought. So it’s not really a bottleneck. However, I don’t really like the single motor after riding on my Trampa so much so I’m going to build a new street build with the Carvon V4 dual.