Treenutter 44 vs Bludgeon

Hi guys,

I am trying to decide between the 44 and Bludgeon that @treenutter has a available. I know both decks are awesome but wanted to get some feedback on anyone that has had the pleasure to ride both. What is the difference in the feel? This will be my winter build and looking to work with @psychotiller on some Streetrods with six shooters.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

6 Likes

You can’t go wrong with either.

1 Like

love my bludgeon. that said, its a little short for me. the 44 platform looks perfect for a wider stance, and the new xaphan deck looks amazing!

clarification: have seen a 44 platform deck in the wild but couldn’t stand on it due to battery issues. having said that i did put a foot on it and the bacon in the deck felt great.

7 Likes

The 44 is going to be my winter build too :slight_smile: IMG_20181013_133021

4 Likes

Just get both?

5 Likes

you lucky son of a …

3 Likes

Does anyone make an enclosure for the 44?

I’m getting one and want to take advantage of the space but I’ll need a good enclosure.

3 Likes

When I get my hands on my 44 I will be making one. Not long now eh @treenutter?

5 Likes

I’ll have to hit you up for an enclosure then.

Lmk what size battery you can fit in there. I’m hoping a 12s6p single stack at least.

1 Like

@bigben if the lead time is too long, ill bring you my 44 so you can start

Hi Gerry, I think mine is just about to be or has been cut out so not too far away now…

1 Like

I’ve got a 44 coming, asked @psychotiller about it and he said he has a custom 2-piece Altar Wedge that he made for it.

I’m sure @bigben could also assist though! He makes great stuff.

2 Likes

I think I have like 3 of the psychotiller ones on the way. Going to see about joining the halves and skinning the whole in CF.

We shall see!

2 Likes

Just let me know… I can always drive the hour to the coast after work… Company car so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a bad idea… I’m busy all this week but weekend or next week might be possible?

1 Like

Whatever you like, ill adjust my schedule. I work during the week in brussels, leaving at around 17:00 Weekend pref not before lunchtime :slight_smile: I need an enclosure of yours anyway for the red one

I’m on my way to Belgium in the morning!

EDIT: AHHH I realize that this post is from October :slight_smile: haha… At first look the two decks have the same shape. But the 44 is longer, a little wider and have the added W concave. Or as Jamie calls it the dub-tub concave :slight_smile: This gives you a new option to lock you feet between the drop and the middel of the W which is kinda nice. The drop is a little deeper as well and gets you closer to the ground. If I want to lock my feet up against the drop the length of the Bludgeon seems a little more natural for me with the slightly narrower stance. But when the speed starts to raise, it’s nice with the added length. The 44 gives you the benefits of the longer deck (more stability) and affects the turning the way it does. It’s a tough decision, and depends on what you want out of the deck. The longer 44 gives you a little more option stance wise and it gives you more space for a gigantic battery - not an insignificant feature. Good look deciding :slight_smile:

3 Likes