Traqpod - Street carver inspired design

true words! Keep us posted on what you´ll come up with - more specs and testvideos!

1 Like

@TarzanHBK Thanks for your understanding.

I can’t promise I will always remember to bring updates, but you can always follow us on instagram, twitter, FB, etc… To start somewhere https://www.instagram.com/traqpod/

You’re losing me dude, as a tilt steer vehicle there are some basic physics that apply to the vehicle in motion you seem naive about. You are questioning their existence and claiming they don’t apply to you. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Further I find the introduction of my personal experience and user profile by you as some kind of evidence that I do not know what I’m talking about insulting… quite possibly delusional on your behalf? Something must be lost in translation :thinking: because I’ve been skating likely as long as you have been alive & I’ve certainly contributed a significant amount more than you to this community. & I don’t even have a dog in this fight. You on the other hand are financially and emotionally invested. So if anyone can’t see the wood for the trees it aint me brah :+1:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bki5YBxlLUT/?taken-by=traqpod

Hi @Cobber. I have re-read my reply to you and you are completely right. It was poorly worded and it could lead to your interpretation, and I therefore would like to take everything back and apologize for it. Insulting you or despising you was never my intention. In fact, it was quite the contrary: I was trying to express my own frustration for my difficulties at explaining complex mechanical ideas in English (my fourth language). So, you see, you are actually right at this: something was lost in translation!

I understand I may have already lost you but if you give me the chance I only wanted to try to clarify my earlier points:

• My remarks about your user profile were not intended to question your experience or education. I only meant that what you and I expect from a skateboard are different things: differenent performances and experiences. And this in turn means some issues that are a legitimate concern for some kinds of users are completely irrelevant for others. I have written on this today elsewhere in this same thread.

• The part of the discussion regarding physics is something we really should discuss (and I am willing to) with with some more information and preferably graphical support, since I just don’t have the vocabulary and maybe we don’t have a clear vision of what each other means. Some things do need pen and paper. I do believe one of our disagreements stems from the fact that in one comment I was talking about the front-back axis and you probably meant the right-left axis. But I’m not trying to restart the discussion ok? :wink:

So I hope we can put this behind and keep our healthy discussion in this forum.

Sincerely

Xavi

6 Likes

@xavigarcia I like your style and I hope this project works for you buddy. It takes a strong person to meet criticism head on when your vision is being questioned and an even stronger person to admit fault to a bunch of strangers.

Keep us informed.

3 Likes

Oh, I was meaning I was curious about how your trucks operate and turn.

The mechanism isn’t visible.

@CHAINMAILLEKID Hi. Actually there isn’t much mechanism to show, it’s all ingenious and simple, and fully visible. From their website:

HTH,

Xavi

3 Likes

Add pneumatic wheel options (wide and low) and you really have something. Make your carbon board split or fold for even shorter form factor for travel in a backpack.