Trampa SuperStar Tires?

So, I have a set of SuperStars with gummies coming.

But I’d like to see what options are out there for 6-6.5inch tires that fit the SuperStar hubs. Excuse me if my search capabilities have eluded me this time…

6inch tires usually have too small inner diameter, it should be at least 93mm, AFAIK most 7" and 8" tires have about 96mm inner diameter. The smallest possible I know are the 6.5inch urban treads from trampa. The next size is 7inch, evolve gt tires have a tight fit, I’ll use them on my urban carver (not finished yet).

1 Like

Awesome man. That’s what I was kinda curious about. I knew trampa was coming out with the urban treads… But I also didn’t know the evolve tires fit ;). Appreciate the pics and response @rich

You are welcome! :grinning:

I want to buy the gummies, too but actually fell in love with pneumatics and enjoy the smooth ride on any terrain. But they need to be replaced regularly which is expensive.

If you want a slimmer look you could use the 7" Innova tires from trampa, too

1 Like

How much is each set lasting? And what terrain do you ride?

That depends on the surface you ride on, your ride style and motor power. They last for a good while if you change around the tires once a while. These tires where mounted on the 20. Sept and are still in good conditions today.

Frank

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have no answer because my urban carver build is not finished yet but I guess the evolve will last longer (more rubber). On my MTB I have 8" trampa treads in hard compound and got about 600 km range (swapped front and rear tires after 300 km), mostly offroad. But this is an estimation, next time I’ll monitor the distance exactly. In my case the rear tires wear out about double as fast as the front ones. In the future I’ll replace the rear ones when they are done and the next time all 4. This way I avoid swapping front and rear tires in the middle of range.

But as Frank mentioned it really depends on many things and the range of tires can vary a lot according to ride style. Best is to ride str8 only and not to carve :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks, that whats keeping me from going pneumatics, too expensive to use as a commuter

Hello Frank @Trampa, I have a set of Urban Treads on backorder, they are supposed to ship by the end of January, is the shipping going to be pushed back or they are scheduled to ship by the end of the month?

@Eboosted he’s not active on the forum anymore, I would email him directly

1 Like

Thanks Max!

1 Like

Haha just realized I was thinking of @chaka not @trampa :hushed:

Thanks for the poke @Nowind :wink:

1 Like

I need to check the status of the delivery to give you an estimated arrival.

Frank

Production will finish within the next days. We will fly some over to deliver fast.

Frank

1 Like

Have you guys figured out what’s happening with the gummies yet?

Gummie moulds are a bit delayed, since the mould maker had a little accident. His fingers needed some time to cure. We lost 3 weeks due to that accident. Since this guy knows the project and made the prototype moulds, we did not want to change the manufacturer for the moulds and rather waited for him to come back to work.

We are pushing this as much as possible. End of march is realistic.

Frank

2 Likes

Man. :frowning:

That’s depressing.