TRAMPA Street & Urban Carver (WHATCHA THINK?) YAY OR NAY

Yea most of your customers would rather have 2 boards instead of converting. But in the world of eskating it is not that doable to have €xpensive electronics, batteries and motors on 2 separate boards. I would personally prefer to spend 5 minutes swapping hangers and invest the money to motorize a single deck. Anyways I ll let you know if the mod will work out.

1 Like

The mod will work. My first carveboard was made like that.

Frank

@fedestanco - Just use the Urban Carver style setup and keep the trucks mounted in that way and swap between the 90mm/7" Urban wheels and the future wheels which Trampa will have in the future.

You’ll just need to swap wheels, belts. You’ll get less lean when in the 90mm street wheel setup but that’s the only way I think it would work if you want it to be a true hybrid.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas @torqueboards, although I was fancying about having a board that could perform 100% as well as a MTB, and after changing a piece or 2, could ride as well as a street carver on the asphalt; no halfways, the best in each environment.

1 Like

When will the battery box be available? Really liking the look of this.

I’m considering building, I know there is a wait for the large skate wheels so would do 7"

I must say, this is the first time Im exited about a commercial non DIY product in a long time! hopefully it becomes available before autumn 2017, I could see this becoming my bad weather autumn+ board.

combination of the carve board with the hub + urethane wheels / alternative pneumatics once leaves and gravel is on the streets, the nicely fitting and hopefully splash resistant enclosure with the stealthy low maintenance esk8 or nowind direct drive gear mmhmm nom nom nom!

@trampa any feeling when this might become available - urethane hubs & enclosure for trampa carvers?

also an absolute killer feature would be mud/splashguards on the wheels. not the kind of lame wheel shields, but something trampa’esque stylish! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @whitepony The enclosure is available in raw format. I’ll post a link tomorrow.

Frank

2 Likes

can’t wait

These panels come to custom length and need some extra work your end. We left the edges longer, so you can adopt them to your Board. Same sturdy Trampa Material… The End Bungs are not yet available. 3D Printing them is an option, Styrofoam or other foam materials would also do the job…

Frank

1 Like

that is not for the carver decks is it? Looks like they are only for longboard decks on that site.

This is long overdue. I love my Pneumatic wheels but got a flat for the third time. I noticed how much an improvement my ABEC 97’s was over the Evolve 83mm wheels, so really cannot wait for the 125mm wheels.

Wheels in that pic is absolutely great! Another problem I have is that I need a flexible battery compartment so I would not need to split into two small boxes and by “Gummie” box I assume it is flexible enough to go on a Loaded Vanguard board.

Larger 125mm wheels plus a more flexible board would be the grail for me and you are answering my prayers for 2017.

Hi Brad, its defenately flexible enough to go on the underside of a random Longboard. The Box will not split since it is fiber reinforced in 4-5 layers. With regards to punctures: I don’t have these issues to much. It can happen, just like it can happen on a bike. Bikes all have pneumatics and its prooven to work. We will reinforce the 6" tire against punctures, which will ad to the price but will give you more confidence in the reliability.

Frank

Is it flexible enough to handle a 15ply Trampa board.?

Would a 10" Caliber II truck be an acceptable option for 125mm wheels?

I also want to know if the battery compartment can house 26650 sized batteries?

The Trampa Hub is to wide to fit onto a standard caliber II. Width of the Hub ( outer side Bearing to outer side bearing) is roughly 34mm. 22650 is to big. Open Cross section is roughly 150 * 25mm. You can offset the Box from the Deck.

@Randyc1: We slit the box to ad the flex. Please look at the image of the Carver I posted. You will need to do that anyway to get the box bend into shape.

Frank

Ok.

I will keep an eye out for an update stating that you are taking orders and will place an order for one when the time comes around.

I assume you can ship internationally?

Yeah they ship internationally, I ordered my deck last week and it got to me here in Texas 5 days later. Got top notch service from Ted when making my order.

1 Like

so stocked about the urethane hub wheels, giving trampas another try and ordered a 14ply urban carver yesterday to work on electronics until these wheels become available in a few months. :grinning:

2 Likes

Any idea what motor mount you will be using?

Will 8" tires fit the urban carver?