TRAMPA Street & Urban Carver (WHATCHA THINK?) YAY OR NAY

Is it nessesary to go that Big on a Urethane Street tire (125mm) ?

Or is it to compensate for reversed Urban Hanger ??

I would think 100mm would be more than enough for a smooth ride, without raising board height more than nessesary ?

If you want to use our hubs, 125 is the minimum. You still want some meat on top of the hub. Thin Urethane makes your ride a bit bumpy. You can use any wheel you like on our Carvers. You can even ride with the “Urban Carve hanger position” and use 83mm wheel. It all depends on your terrain. The 125mm wheels fly over all the cracks in the pavement. I like them + they give your Board that “low profile tire look”. This is a serious machine to attack the URBAN environment - not a toy board. The low profile 6" pneumatics will also be aded to the range this year. All we want to do is: Provide a lot of choices for you guys, so that you can make your dream come true + try out differnet things.

Frank

6 Likes

You’re so right Frank! And I’ve spent too much money for cheap things because of saving money, that’s lost money! For example i have a Kheo Bazik mountainboard, the hubs wobble like hell! It took me hours to fit a sprocket!

Also i have all together now for my second electric longboard build BUT i have a problem now. I saw the urban/street carver and fell in love :heart_eyes: I stopped my buid because this is exactly what i need, top quality!

So @trampa i would like to order an electric urban carver and have 2 questions about it: I would slightly prefer 6" wheels or different tyres. Is it about a few weeks or a couple of months until you release them? If it’s later that year i think i go with the 7" for now. Second is about the deck, i have 74kg and like flex, so i think the 14-ply is alright for me. I just wonder if it’s too flexy at higher speed. But i don’t like stiff decks, i need flex. It’s hard to find out.

Hi @rich, You can pick up the 14 Ply, that’s perfect. If you ad a battery enclosure it will stiffen up the board a bit. The 7" are fantastic. The 6" will take a while to make. We are talking months. You can swap them later, when your 7" tires are worn out. Pick a deck without holes if you plan to stick your batteries underneath the board.

Frank

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I’ll make a flexible enclosure with 18650 cells underneath. Maybe i’ll mount bindings later, so is there a template when i drill it by myself? I want to have it exactly as it should be. Otherwise i would order it with holes for bindings even when i never use it.

We can provide the drillage pattern.

Frank

1 Like

Nice, good to know.

Can we use HS 11 for a Street Carver ?

I love the shape of that board !

What would be different using that board for street use ?

To be able to use the HS11 Deck you need to use the wide trucks to prevent wheel bite. The street carve mounts work best with the street carve trucks. Theoretically you could use the street carve motor mounts on a wide MTB truck. In that case you need to CNC the edges of the hanger body. Maybe filing the Hanger body down, so that the edges are nice and square would also work.

The Carveboard Deck is the result of a lot of testing. Its shape was developed to assure clearance towards the wheels and the ground. I would go for the carveboard deck! The HS11 Deck would sit lower towards the ground and in consequence it could touch the ground on extreme leans.

Frank

2 Likes

I just like the general body shape of the HS !

I will probably get the blanck deck Street Carver, holypro is nice but holes not good for battery enclosure.

I like holes over Trucks though!!, .does this deck material Router well ?,thinking of re producing truck holes ??

Would these wheels work on your e-mtbs?

You can CNC the material but it tends to melt when it gets to hot. Your mill bit won’t like the fibers and will suffer. You are not the first to ad CNC work to our decks. It’s proven to work.

Frank

1 Like

Which wheels?

Frank

the 6" and 125mm I currently have the holypro35 with vertigo trucks and 8" wheels Would i need to get new trucks, mounts and pulleys? Would be awesome if i could switch to smaller wheels once i get into the city

Hi @CluelessSurvivor, using the urethane wheels on a MTB will require to use a Carveboard Mount. Its possible but you would need to file nice and clean edges to the square hanger body. Pulleys for the 5" Urethane wheels will be available in 2017.

Frank

Hi, what if I had a mountainboard and I just changed the trucks hanger instead (without changing the baseplate)? Would the mountainboard now perform as a carveboard, or mountain and carve trucks have incompatible baseplates? Thanks

@trampa thanks for the info. I’m sure the 6" would do me just fine. Now just gotta be patient…

1 Like

The Baseplates are semi compatable. The Vertigo MTB baseplate has no inner spring position just like the infinity MTB baseplate. The Infinity MTB baseplate has no cutout, so its quite easy to drill the two missing holes for the inner spring position. All you need is a drill and a M8 thread cutter + some skill. The Vertigo MTB baseplate can’t be upgraded since the cutout is to big. If you don’t need the inner spring position, you can use MTB baseplates with carve hangers.

If you own a Holy Pro MTB deck, your nose cutout will be in the same shape as the Vertigo MTB baseplate. There is no flesh for drilling the spring adjuster holes you need for the inner spring position! I have not tried to mount carveboard trucks to a holy pro deck. We made the carveboard deck for a reason.

Frank

1 Like

Ok I got it :wink:. I don’t doubt you spend months of planning before entering a new product into the market, so probably you already thought about this: it would be really cool if you could start selling one hybrid mountain/street board that could be easily converted (as easy as swapping one hanger). Afterall it is just a matter of few more grams on the baseplate.

2 Likes

We fought about it two years back. Its possible on the infinity range. Truth is: Most people don’t convert their boards. The urban carver is really what you want in that case. Trucks sit to far up the nose on the Holy Pro. Your deck could catch the ground on extreme leans. This is the reason for the creation of the carve deck range.

Frank

1 Like