Trampa Street Carver .. NoWind Build History

Riding more and more in the late evening/night …

Neutral :

Forward :

Brake/Reserve :

Surf :

Hang Loose

15 Likes

How did you hook up those lights and which controller are you using with that board? Looks epic.

Kind of a pitty that there will be a new VESC-Tool released. That brings me (us) in the discrepance using @Ackmaniacs BLDC or the new VESC-Tool wich might also be amazing.

Any ideas if Benjamins VESC-Tool comes with Watt-Control ?

@Ackmaniac will you actually further develope your Creation after the release ?

Well, you can’t use the old FW with the VESC SIX and the upcoming designs. The throttle curves let you adjust the throttle very nicely.

Frank

But since everything will be open source @Ackmaniac should be able to add his watt mode to the new firmwares no (if he wants to obviously)?

The throttle-curves of the VESC-Tool have a big disadvantage. When you want to make the acceleration progressive you automatically make the braking progressive as well. But in most cases you don’t want that (mostly a linear braking feels the best). They need to be adjustable individually. And i think the current control of the VESC -Tool is more or less the same as watt control. Basically it feels the same to me. And a watt maximum is adjustable as well. Only had a chance for a short ride but couldn’t really feel a difference to my firmware for the VESC 4 hardware. It also has the same issues as the actual firmware has. Hope there are some more details that makes it better for the VESC 4 hardware.

4 Likes

The VESC-Tool integrates the FW and a lot has changed. It’s completely rewritten and supports different chipsets now + a lot of changes to the FOC code. So it’s not only a few clicks! Things are a lot more complicated now. This is why it took so much time to write the new code. You should also compare the new FOC with throttle curves to the Watt control first. Everything is very smooth now. I’m totally confident with power delivery.

Maybe Benjamin will ad it in (if he thinks its something bringing benefits), which is probably the most secure way to assure things don’t get messy. He is the only one understanding all the dependencies.

Frank

I think that should be easy to resolve. Maybe we should ad in separate curves for acceleration and braking. We plan frequent updates once its released.

Frank

So you plan for no one but Benjamin to make any changes to the firmware because only he can understand it?? Is this thing even still open source??

2 Likes

Let not get started on fair…$300 vesc…not going to release BOM. no intention to release code anytime soon. waiting until he finishes robbing us all blind before letting anyone even c the code. And he said himself if Benjamin thinks watt control is nesesary he will make it. Not akmaniac or anyone else that wants to contribute, because Benjamin is the only one that can understand how to. Comon bro

2 Likes

I’d like to try out a pair of VESC6 but you can bet your sweet ass I will never pay over $150 for one of them. Trampa and BV have put a corner on the market and as long as people will pay the premium their plan worked.

They’d dominate the market if they lowered the price to $150. Think about it. Who would buy any other VESC if they can have the latest and greatest from a trusted brand.

@trampa would make a killing on volume. Not sure why they don’t lower the price and increase supply. Everyone (except other ESC manufacturers) would be thrilled.

That’s really good question. Maybe @trampa can elaborate.

Hey Guys, this is really offtopic to discuss the brake even point of the Vesc6 :joy:

Super easy Dude, its from HK some Drone lights which you mount in parallel with a Y-harness to your PPM signal… works with every ESC … signal output can be adjusted with a small poti and can be reserved for front mounting for example

Cheers Jenso

5 Likes

150$ retail. Why should we make losses? Think of VAT (20%), company Tax (25%), staff, warehouse rent, R&D costs, moulds, Insurance, product returns, travel expenses, production financing and a lot more. A Company is like a bathtub with open drain. And finally, if you pay yourself a salary, its taxed again. People always confuse products profit with profit. There is quite a gap between those two values. Customers want the factory price and the service and innovation a business provides - these two things can’t be combined.

Frank

4 Likes

Got a link for some?

Yes (-;

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. However, I believe there is sufficient demand for VESC 6 and that profits lay in volume, not in margin. But I guess it’s easy for me to say that when I’m not the one taking the risk. Perhaps you’d consider a testing out lower price and seeing if the increase in sales volume nets the same amount of profit with the price point you currently have.

The profits lay in volume if you have a minimum or no customer service and big money to invest and plenty of staff to do the packaging and shipping. Our customers want someone to talk to.

Frank

2 Likes

fair point!