Trampa Street Carver .. NoWind Build History

Started a complete rebuild with the battery trays Trampa offers :

This the 4PLY - 60cm one … enough space for 10S-5P Sony VTC6 cells and 2 of the new @esk8 direct FET controllers :

Nice housing with super smooth roundet edges, aluminium bottom and Pvc lid.

Going with a Sunkko 709A spotwelder :

Read about problems with blowing fuses, so i´m going with a 25A cuircet breaker instead of the normal 16A one… no problems by thi first 10S-5P battery… Going with 4 nickel strips 7x0.15 in parallel for about 80A continious

Each 1S5P area is connected with a 10AWG silicon wire for the needet flex, balancer wires addet and heatshrinked :

New designed Motormounts with Rollers and Horizontal CF Braces…

Trampa 90mm wheels in the softest PU mix, 37t wheelpulley and 13 motorpulley Turnigy SK3-6364-213kv motors

Looking for nice runs on best pavement in my holidays the next 2 weeks… Hang Loose Jenso

19 Likes

Amazing!

I couldn’t find these “direct FET controllers” on esk8.de.

I wonder how you manage to stay on trampa desks without bindings because they are so flexy.

The Sunkko spotwelder looks crazy as if it was taken from “Back to the Future”.

The ESK8 1.1 Controller was now in our shop

Regards Attila

1 Like

Haha to be honest this kind of mounting the enclosure will eliminate any kind of flex :innocent: You have to add slots on the bottom side too! Then you will gain more flex. I wanted to test how it feels this way, and yeah if you want it more stiff then this is your way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You are right about the sunkko, could be something DocBrown have used :yum:

First 50km yesterday made yesterday, loving this FOC mode, so silent…

This was yesterday a run of 20km with a average of 19km/h, i charged back 8375mAh, so about 17wH / km … not bad i think, only carving no straight runs…

I think you will get nice 30km range at least with this setup, the motors are to high KV i think …efficience will get even better with some lower KV ones which fits better to 20-30km cruising speed… the actually topspeed i dont need :sunglasses:

Cheers Jenso

Loissin?

Frank

YES, 10char

I see you’re using foc on those 213kv motors. Is there anything you needed to do specifically to get that to work?

In generall the 213kv is too much on 10S Battery for safe use… but hey this is what i got left and i dont pull the throttle full on fresh charged lipo… for FOC use u dont need any special, just done the motor detection…

1 Like

Very nice setup @Nowind ! Could you tell me which app on the mobile phone you’re using?

@Nowind Have you programming the ESK8 1.1 Controller in FOC mode with the Vesc Tool and the new FW?

Have a nice Holidays regards Attila

@rich thx actually i got no app running

@esk8 yes set up with vesc tool

thx actually its thunderstorm holidays :joy:

Nice Holiday with about 150km Runtime on the Rebuildet Carver Blast to ride, you ask for alot steering ? Choose inner Spring Position :yum:

Hang Loose

8 Likes

Damn it looks good.

I have the Urban carver board in the mail. Do you know if i could just change the 7inch Wheels to some Street Wheels like you ? Or am i doomed to 7inch.

Btw. what screws are you using to attach the battery enclosure to the board ?

nice built, but it definitely looks too stiff right now, it barely sags in when you carve and you carve it quite hard already, nice rear breaking loose at the end, thats how it love it too! it all becomes so much better if you store energy in the board at the end of each turn!! :smile:

How does it feel at high speed with loose trucks like that ??

1 Like

Thanks Dude. You can flip your trucks and mount street wheels, then it is a street carver (-; I´m using M5x10 screws, 12 per side actually just treaded in the Deck without inserts.

Thanks Simi, yeah its really really stiff right now. As i mentioned it was a test how it turns out with only one side slotted, will add the other slots soon … interrested how much more flex i will gain ! Yeah this break out thing is fun as hell, love it :heart_eyes:

Scary :sunglasses: You should go at least in the outer spring position with some preload for speedruns IMO

1 Like

So you are saying, that you using a normal button head screw like this http://m.ebay.com/itm/5mm-M5-x-0-8-Stainless-Steel-BUTTON-HEAD-Socket-Cap-Screws-ISO-7380-A2-18-8-/172149392186?var=&hash=item2814e7433a%3Am%3Amei6hzPoo-nd-DgvGdtnD2A&_trkparms=pageci%3A5fb89e80-75be-11e7-993d-74dbd18049d3%7Cparentrq%3A97750c3e15d0a9921b242b55fffa803a%7Ciid%3A6 Directly in the board, without any inserts ? Do you think the ‘threads’ in the board a going to hold in the Long run ?

Yes this kind. I cut the tread direct in the deck, secured it with loctide. Done similar conections for Rc-Plates and it worked good. Maybe although a questions of how often you will tighten it ?! Using Tread Inserts will be better of course, but the good is you can still do later if this dont hold up … I was a little in rush before my holiday, soldering this battery and mounting was alot work by doing it the first time (-;

1 Like

This is from yesterday, super nice paved path around a sea…

10km per Round, 3 Rounds and still 25% remaining

Niiice :sunglasses:

7 Likes

hehe, the beauty of urethane - pretty much always doubling pneumatic wheels range! :slight_smile: