Trampa Street Carver .. NoWind Build History

Ah ok, i understand but cant imagine how it should work… maybe you find a picture (-;

@Nowind Do you happen to have the dimensions of the Trampa Hub (like a drawing or even 3D data)? I will receive a 6inch pneumatic in a couple of days and was wondering if it might fit on the Hub without any modifications. Thanks!

@Nowind found them now:

These are not the same ones I saw on the catalogue / magazine but the principle is the same :wink:

Seems to be called ‘‘omni-directional wheel’’

http://www.robotmesh.com/vex-robotics/wheels/vex-2-75-omni-wheel

The guys at kickstarter just had more layers of rollers I believe… + their wheels where more flat (wide) to resemble skate wheel more.

No complete drawing at all. Just some Dimensions like outer DM , inner DM and pitch circle… if this helps i can share! And can you share your 6inch Pneumatics?

@Okami

Ha ha yes nice buddy you find it! With this wheels you will get really crazy i guess (-: Nice would love to get it a try, but dont think that it work nice … but who knows (((-:

Would be great if you could post the dimensions.

That is the tire: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QIND-6X2-6-Inch-Scooter-Tire-Inner-Tube-Set-Electric-Scooter-Wheel-Chair-Truck-free-shipping/32772213851.html

The tire is rated for a maximum of 30 Psi. Isn’t that a bit too low?

I think with 4wd drive and 4 seperate channels of throttle, you could do some really crazy stuff!

• there seems to be 2 designs… one with ‘‘perpendicular’’ rollers and the second one with 45’ angled ones (called Mecanum wheels, I believe)

As it can be seen… the rolling / sliding action sideways might not be as great…

So not sure how great the ‘‘perpendicular’’ design works, as these seems to be using the 45degree (Mecanum) design.

1 Like

no I guess not - it is used on the skatey 700 boards.

@okami crazy wheels (-:

@Maxid Outer DM 106mm Inner DM 93mm If you need more dimension let me know i can meassure (-;

Have had some nice runs today with a friend on the Drift Carver today … maybe now a total runtime on the wheels of about 3hours … look what they wear out fast on the driven truck (left one) :

NOT driven Frontwheels are stable by 128mm Diameter :

Driven ones new outer diameter :

WTF dont expect that much wear … What do you guys think could be a better material ???

Cheers Jenso

4 Likes

Found the original post :wink: It turns out it is possible to access this magazine online - ‘‘Concrete wave’’ Their offiial site: http://staabenterprises.com/

(they have 3d model on how the wheel is assembled, for these interested in constructing one :smiley: )

Interesting find - Mellow also has put their ad there :wink:

http://www.concretewavemagazine.com/magazines

Will finish the ‘‘talk’’ with this post… :wink:

2 Likes

Drifting is a tire killer, i think any material is going to get shredded quickly, if you make them thicker they will last longer obviously but then, you will lose the low profile, and after some use would exaggerate the wheel difference between back and front due to the back wheels losing tread at a much higher rate as shown in your piccys.

@Okami the sidewinder looks not bad !

@Nemesis I think you are right, drifting on concrete will eat up your tires fast. Changed the front to the rear until they equal again…

2 Likes

Hi @Maxid, you will not find a 6" pneumatic tire fitting our hubs. We actually just groove the moulds. Its a low profile tire and therefore something completely new in the field of small pneumatics. Things don’t happen over night and it will take some Tim until they arrive.

Frank

1 Like

but we are a DIY forum - so this is a challenge and I can modify the tire to maybe make it fit. It’s an experiment and just for fun.

1 Like

what to slider trikes use on their rear wheels? Maybe something similar? But that could be too slippery

It is something similar but the big difference is that on the Drift Trike the wheels are not driven. As you see on the front wheels, without wheelspin they dont wear alot.

Dude you got a spider on your desk :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Ha Ha Ha, yeah she is living there (-;

1 Like

Holy HUGE spider … @lowGuido would appreciate that lol

Not as big as the one that hit my face LOL.

1 Like