Trampa Street Carve NYC Style

Thanks for sharing this. Really helpful

My point is: Kill any vibrations as good as you can! Go down to the root of the problem! The root is a quality wheel since this is the point where vibrations have their origin! If you fail to do that, you will get issues sooner than later. You can try to handle the vibrations but its better to eliminate them in the first place. There are so many requests for cheap clone wheels here… DON’T try to save your money on this piece of gear! Its a critical part and will cause problems if not well made! Saving 40$ on wheels will cause many problems - expensive and time consuming to solve.

The other issue I see about using “Urethane off road wheels” is that people are encouraged to go off road and ride on bad surfaces (that can be ridden with any other Urethane wheel). That will put extra strain on your board and some parts (designed for street use) will not like it (dirt vibrations impacts). The chance to get stuck on an obstacle like a stick or a stone is very high and you will fall of your board like a canon ball. A Board that stops rolling all of a sudden is dangerous! You can see that happening in the first video posted several times: https://youtu.be/BNMnehwwh9E Pneumatic 6 - 7" is the bare minimum if you want to go off road. Nice videos we see there but nothing you couldn’t do with a regular 90mm Urethane wheel ( and nothing you should do). Thx @okp for showing this. Its still dangerous! The wheel is to small to roll over certain obstacles you expect in such an environment.

Frank

1 Like

that’s kind of true. Jake and i were tearing up a nicely packed hiking trail with roots and i was only on those orange kegels, which are 80mm.

I kind of tore up my kegels, but the MBS wheels were fine.

I also lost a bolt. And two belts.

1 Like

Frozen chicken has high rebound. Maybe we need to make wheels out of them! :thinking:

Hi Will give a try to the silicone washers under the spring cap like @frank suggested to act as dampers.

Here is the link if someone else want to try.

I will ad these washers into my build thread. I will use my 2012 prototype Carve Trucks, having less flesh around the inner spring position hole.

Cheers, Frank

3 Likes

Did they have larger OD Washers ?,… the end cap is close to 7/8ths OD

They have bigger OD but the ID will be too big and the washer can just slide to the side and cause miss alignment.

1 Like

2mm rubber pad, cutter knife, 5mm drill. Keep it simple.

Frank

Frank is there a way to get this grip tape on the Urban Carver deck that I just purchased or maybe just send me the design for printing?

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/c/4/c42b1a7caa9183c706efdbedac5fc071c59aa664_1_690x458.jpg

2 Likes

I will make a template the next days. Will be part of the build thread I started. The only thing that is a bit tricky is the Trampa. Takes some patience to cut the letters.

Frank

Hi After the burnouts yesterday https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/esk8tube-video-thread/47/1016?u=kaly

Went ahead a swapped the damage hanger for a new one, with the bigger contact patch the ride is smoother. will run it hard this week and report by Friday.

old vs new

Monster contact patch :grin:

IMO the wheel look better this way

6 Likes

What’s the height of the wheels now after burnouts?

You gonna install the rubber washer under the springs ?

Is 95 mm height and 47 mm contact area

Vs 97mm flywheel

@Randyc1 I will try without the washer first, just the modified wheel. If it fail them the next will be to install the washer. This way I can better isolate the cause of the problem.

7 Likes

That’s pretty nice @Kaly. I’ve heard MBS wheels without pimples (knobs) have way less grip, they even loose traction on hard launches, not sure it those were isolated comments but I’m very interested in your opinion after testing them a little but more.

We need videos of the burnouts :grin:

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/esk8tube-video-thread/47/1016

2 Likes

Hi @Kaly Joined the boards just to get a hold of you. I See a lot of “Built by Kaly” boards and wanted to know how would I go about getting one for myself? Please let me know the best way to reach out.

2 Likes

@NaQ I think the best way is email he sometimes list under his youtube videos. (for contacting kaly)

Though this forum will probably also be a great way to communicate as it is very easy to add images and text is very easy to read.

Though, you can always make everything more public and just wait for Kaly to see your message and respond to you with private message or here on this thread.

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in @Okami. @kaly has already reached out to me via email. Excited and can’t wait to see what he comes up with.