Trampa springs too stiff- solutions?

:joy::joy::joy: Yes i could buy a trampa hs11 brake deck (has no hole) but the mountainboard on the picture is brandnew and i received it yesterday from trampa. My money is gone :joy:

You can ride without dampas if you want more steering. Most people wanting to go off road want quite a stiff suspension. The MTB fraction usually races the board down the hill and a loose steering mechanism would make speed wobbles more likely. Softer springs would help a bit, but its better to shift the springs to the inside, like we have done it on the Urban Carve Board.

You will get used to the MTB setup and will start to like the stiffer steering, since it ads comfort at speed. The bindings will help you to lean into turns more extreme.

@High-roller, MBS is also fine with one deck flex, suiting 65-100Kg rider weight (-;

Thanks for info, i agree that an inner position for offroad would make no sense, my MTB is for offroad only. For the city i’ll use the urban carver (when my enclosure is done). Also can’t wait for the 125mm Urethanes :heart_eyes:

If you plan a crossover build, the UrbanCarver is the choice anyway. Lucky you are to have both boards.

Frank

1 Like

So what is the definition of a crossover or hybrid board? MTB deck with street wheels? Traditional deck with tires? Both?

The urban carve takes 83mm, 90mm, 125mm (once available) Urethane wheels, 6 and 7" Pneumatics. You can also mount a MTB hanger and use the 8" wheels, you can mount bindings and basically convert your board to a mini MTB.

So you have tons of choices and possibilities to upgrade the Board.

Frank

1 Like

but for MTB hanger unable to use street wheel due to the axle is over size. :persevere: unless use ultimate hanger with 10mm axle.

Well, if you like to use 7" pneumatics, you can use the carve hanger, If you wish to use 8" MTB-Wheels, you can upgrade to MTB hangers, if you wish to use street wheels with MTB hangers, you can use the ultimate hangers. I would as that are tons of options, no other board currently offers. It’s like a Transformer…

Frank

ya, this is what i thinking of. but there taking sometime to swap hanger plus motor and motor mount. unless prepare two set of driven setup.

Sure it takes some time to convert your board. But knowing that you could transform your board into something else is a big bonus.

Frank

But then why not have a universal axle size?

Because kiteboarders and dowhill riders need mega mega strong equipment. One shoe fits all is not realistic. Frank

Guys. I’m building a street carver soon, just a little worried about Speed wobble with the Spring trucks. Is this something you experience on these or is it just the same as standard trucks

The street carver is very stable at speed, especially when you have the rear springs in the outer position. It’s really made for carving and taking sharp turns - but it does not get very sketchy at speed. That is the beauty.

Frank

Sweet :). When will you have the Mini Vertigo Spring Trucks in stock. Last time I checked they were not in stock

Hopefully soon! We are desperate to get them. Production should be finished soon.

Frank

I have a street carver with the rear springs on the outter position and you need to give them some pretension with the adjusters in order to avoid wobbles at really high speed and bad roads, for comparison sake a Cronin is more stable with the correct bushings and can take sharper turns than the Trampa, but if you give more riding hours to the Trampa you won’t get the wobbles but not because of the Trampa hardware but because of your ability to ride/adapt to the board itself.

Hi Alan, the radius you can turn the board 360° is about 2m with the springs in the inner position. With your setup you decrease the radius a lot, but gain stability at top speed. Its really a matter of the setup, as with every other Truck. I personally like the balance between stability at top speed, and carve ability. I’m pretty used to the spring trucks and ride with a top speed of roughly 36Km/h with the springs in the inner position. Most important is the spring pre-tension, especially when having the springs in the inner position.

Frank

1 Like

I must say, the yellow dampas are perfect for me. Springs in outer position, total weight including gear around 120 KG. I previously had plenty of speed wobbles/could compensate by putting more pressure on my rear leg. All gone now. Finding myself at full throttle on pavement and about 20% faster offroad.

Added benefit, my weight distribution is much better now.

@trampa Super fast delivery. Thanks guys.

We do our best to ship the same day.