Trampa mountain board build

How does it ride with all the weight at the back end? Do have a photo of inside the box? Nearly finished my mtb build was gonna put the battery in the middle with ESC separate at the back, but i do like the idea of everything togther in 1 enclosure…

1 Like

Nice to see another trampa build finished. Be careful with the presumably sharp edges of the lid of the battery box :smiley:

1 Like

Stability at high speed seems to be quite a talking point at the moment in a lot of Trampa builds. Consensus seems to be that Dampas are required, but can be modified to make them less harsh on the steering but still give you stability at high speeds.

1 Like

Hey buddy, I’m likening the build took really good, If you pay shipping I can cut some rods for free. I Just need the length.

1 Like

If you use dampas and bindings, stability is no issue at all. How fast do you want to go on such a board? On trail and loose ground 25mph feels quite fast. 30mph and faster is to much IMHO. The pleasure is not in reaching ridiculous top speeds…

2 Likes

It feels pretty good, no noticeable stability issues as far as having the weight in the back. I don’t currently have a picture of inside the enclosure since it’s all still temporary for the time being and looks a bit messy but I can grab one for ya.

@Der6FingerJo yes I m careful about the edges, they are surprisingly not that sharp but I still need to finish up so it’s just like this for testing.

@JonathanLau1983 @trampa
Yes definitely need to put back some dampas and get some bindings, I originally took the dampas out because I thought I wouldn’t be able to steer the board so now that it rides, I’ll be able to test out the dampas in it. And 20mph is fast enough for this board and what I need it to do, I can only imagine doing 30-35mph. Must be insane!

@Rithblu yes I will definitely have to take you up on that offer, once everything is finished I’ll send you a message, and there is also something else I wanted to do that I’ll ask you about.

Yeah sounds good.

1 Like

Hey’ would you mind if I post these picture’s on my site?

@Rithblu If you want I can try and get even nicer pictures for you and try to clean up the wiring, and I can take hi res photos and email them if you’d like!

And also last night my board decided to stop dead in it tracks and throw me off, luckily I was not going too fast and was able to keep my footing, but my esc’s no longer power up so I’m assuming I need to replace the mcu on both of them?

Yeah that would be great! Good luck with your ESC problem, i don’t know enough about ESC to help you.

1 Like

We’re you get the motor mount?

1 Like

@Rithblu makes/sells them!

1 Like

What devilzangelz said, you can order them from allterraincreations.com

Little update since it’s been a while, turns out it wasn’t an esc problem, I believe what happened was because everything wasn’t 100% tight inside the enclosure the battery was bouncing around and the charging port made a little cut through the battery heat shrink and started to arc against one of the positive legs of the battery and since the outside of the charge port is the negative side it was creating a direct short and I’m assuming it drained the battery to below the cutoff voltage which is why the esc shut down suddenly. Since then I have rearranged everything, left the charging port out and added padding to limit battery movement and I have no issues so far, full battery charge and already 6 miles on a 10s5p battery pack with Samsung 22p cells. So far so good.

In the future I will be upgrading to 30q cells and a different enclosure and possibility of new esc’s.

2 Likes

Traveled a total of 9 Miles today with the major leg being around a 6 mile run!

My feet definitely need a workout after standing on the board for that long haha, it was definitely fun though!