Trampa like deck..?

Yes you lose. If you want to carve also in the traffic they will restrict you a lot in your turning radius. The elastomer dampers from @Nowind seem to be a good alternative. They should be also stable at higher speed. As min i hope so.

If I remember right @Kug3lis also made some dampas which give you a good turning radius plus stability on high speeds

That option will soon be available. New parts arrive soon.

15 would be way too flexible for me. 17 already bounces nicely. Depends on your weight, but if speed is all you care about there is no reason to risk a bouncy board by going lower ply…does not mean 15 won’t work, but 17 will surely work.

1 Like

Fully agree

My brother back in the uk has a 17ply street set up and hes like me a big boy and I rode that thing last visit over 50 with no issues and it still carves up a storm. Any faster than that on uk roads and you’re asking for trouble. We are heavy though at 110kg Have you looked at the new orsomm decks from trampa?

But you told me that style eats tires, so I go straight and fast. JK

1 Like

30-34mph (48-54kph) feels fairly stable on a 17 ply deck, even without dampas.

Excuse the shaky cam, I was doing mini carves without a motorized gimbal.

2 Likes

It’s most certainly possible, even with wobbly mtb tires. 120 kg with backpack, 1.89m tall and the softest dampers with a preload of 7 turns or so. Only have to make sure I catch irregularities in the roads with my legs, rather than letting the board bounce it out. Top speed 52.

This one has gummies on it and yes lots of damping through the legs and vigilant eyes!

1 Like

I weigh 109kgs what board you recommend? I like the look of the carver but I was advised to get the HolyPro 35° in its place. Since you’re the manufacturer I figured I would double check. Thank you in advance for your help.

I really want to ask this: in theory, with slightl modifications, could you put RC car shocks, replacing the damper system? RC world has huge shocks and a really wide variety of shock oil, maybe this could be a really stable option? In my case, I would run ~100mm wheels.

Holy Pro, 17Ply.

That would not work. An RC Car doesn’t have to support 100Kg.

1 Like

What about the HS11?

They don’t produce it anymore

That… Sucks. So if my current deck snaps I have nothing to replace it with @trampa? A holy pro doesn’t really work with a bottom mounted enclosure.

Yeah it sucks but you can also easily epoxy some plastic covers inside. The grip tape will cover the rest so you should be fine also with a battery tray under the deck.

Edit: i‘ll need to make some covers in next time too. Plane to 3D design and print them. If it work out fine i‘ll link the stl files here too.

If your current deck is from us, it will not snap. Covering the holes is quite easy. The 2018 Holy Pro replaces the HS11. Stocking all the different models in all ply ratings is to much stock our end.

What do you recommend to fill the holes with on the HolyPro 35°. I plan on doing a bottom mount battery enclosure.

Epoxy 10char

1 Like