Trampa HolyPro Mountain by 4WD HUB Motor | Trampa Ultimate Hanger | Maytech 9055 HUB x 4ea | 4WD Ebay ESC

27 Likes

I love those hubs. Are they powerful with that esc?

1 Like

In start point, some smooth. But feeling of acceleration is good after starting. There is one major weak point. Break strength is too low. :frowning: Perhaps the wheel is bigger than the motor.

2 Likes

@Martin How is the experiment going? Are you happy with it? Hill climbing?

There is no problem going up the hill after accelerating before hill climbing. However, I feel that the torque is insufficient for the gear system Only at the beginning. Acceleration is good on flat ground.

I have found some problems.

1. Wheel balance problem => I found a wheel balance distortion at high speed(Over the around 30Km/h). So, I’m changing the wheel mounting method on the hub motor.
  2. Break problem. => Break strength is too low. So, I’m developing physical manual brakes.
2 Likes

IMG_1443

4 Likes
2 Likes

I changed rear power train with belt drive. It is because of the weak brake.

IMG_1546

4 Likes

Was breaking better with 15cm wheels tho? Do you think brakeing would be better with VESCs?

1 Like

What is that circle metal piece called? and from where you got it? I really like your work and I am planning to add tires on to the hub motor but I still can’t get how you managed connecting these wheels to the hub motor.

Naturally, the smaller the wheel size, the higher the brake performance. I think VESC is better than Ebay ESC in breaking performance

1 Like

The parts are custom made.