TORQUEBOARDS VOTE FOR NEW WHEELS - 100x65mm or 107x65mm KEGEL Style Wheels?

Boa wheels also talk about how the black pigment messes with the formula.

4 Likes

Yea…neon opaques, and translucents have the best durability. Earth tones, pastels, and neutrals all seem to be chunky.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m lucky my 107s have held up well, worst I’ve had to do is go digging in the wheel for metal pieces or glass shards lol.

Have you ever run classic formula 97 or 90s?

The microcuts in the wheels that open under pressure don’t happen on classic like reflex…it’s weird…

1 Like

I have 90mm flywheels they look really good still

1 Like

Ok in my design class I remember that there was simple rule about colors. Warm, cold and neutral. This matter is so subjective that I believe that we should focus on neutral colors here and those are not pretty but will fit to every color scheme build. Neutral colors are black, white and grey. Black are affected by pigments in my opinion, white is nice but will be white for like first two minutes so this leads to why not make them gray @torqueboards ? 51hGvy7D8KL

To add a little color you can think of some cups on the hubs that can be color anodized and you have a winner :slight_smile:

7 Likes

abec11 97mm, personally i don’t care much about chuck. I wish the new wheels are lighter weight.

1 Like

@torqueboards I want 100mm wheels but with wider contact patch than mbs and with offset so they look even wider when mounted, the hardness should be 75A or lower.

That’d the perfect wheel, something I’ve been looking around for years

6 Likes

I would be up for a beta test as well since we have some really bad roads in Sydney! Haven’t seen any abec 107 that didn’t chip heavily! Lot’s of Evolve riders here, so I’ve seen a lot of these wheels…

love to betatest …also ya whatever colour doesnt affect performance while still looking well …winner the gray looks good

Ya’ll are so boring… black on black? Really? Let’s get some yellow on black

1 Like

I need mine to have translucent blinking light-cyan stripes with adjustable brightness

1 Like

I’m Asian and my board is black. Does that count?

14 Likes

Of course 10ch

White will look like this :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

White is awful (don’t make Boa’s same mistake). Blacks are ok, but c’mon guys, more of the sameee? We already followed ABEC’s and 'Tang’s path: pink, green, purple, orange, etc. What if we go for a change… pleaseeee!

I will suggest Electric Blue on Black hubs? Also, I’m partially with Alan when he suggest…

@Eboosted

@torqueboards I want 100mm wheels but with wider contact patch than mbs and with offset so they look even wider when mounted, the hardness should be 75A or lower.

…that’ll be 62 CP but with larger 107 mm.

2 Likes

…and pleaseeee, no more White suggestions. White is for Skateboarders. We are mean esk8er Mf…s!! Dark colors for us. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well that makes it an easy choice on size. image

5 Likes

Well, boa has the 100mm kegel core wheel covered, nobody has a 107mm kegel core covered. BB riders in particular might want even more speed than 100mm boas offer, which might sell more, if the vote is 50/50

1 Like

…another suggestion, Pink 62 CP 107 mm Electric Flywheel was never properly modified for esk8 use because the wide patch (they never tried to create a dedicated sprocket wheel pulley for their deep rooted hub) … Why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: if it was the ideal wheel for such a convertion? so…

…instead, ABEC decided it was easier to shave 11 mm out of the inside wheel face on the newer 107 mm Superfly (??) thus, producing a slimmer wheel with shorter CP an unwanted (and not predicted) side effect over the remaining 90° razor sharp flat surface, now, the main culprit for the chunky derby experienced by the new Superfly line throughout the esk8 universe.

They never understood that the Pink 62 CP 107 mm was always the esk8 perfect candidate because its Contact Patch and its particular profile with rounded lips effectively prevented chunking alltogether. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

TB wheel atempt should learn something from the Pink 62 CP 107 mm Electric Flywheel no-chunk rounded lip profile qualities.

SX355

2 Likes