TORQUEBOARDS VOTE FOR NEW WHEELS - 100x65mm or 107x65mm KEGEL Style Wheels?

100mm is more than enough in my opinion. Using 83mm on all my boards atm

Can’t wait to see these. What would it take to get in on that beta run? :smiley:

I don’t think these wheels are designed for you LoLzz

3 Likes

LOL you guys make it hard…

Pretty much 50/50 for 100mm vs 107mm.

I am mostly going with 107mm 74A and later down the line we’ll offer 100mm as well.

As for colors… You can choose multiple options.

• Black on Black Core
  • Yellow on Yellow Core
  • White on Black Core
  • Clear Blue on Black Core
  • Pink on Black Core
  • Red on Black Core
  • Orange on Black Core
  • Purple on Black Core
  • Solid Colors
  • Pastel Colors
  • Transparent/Clear Colors
  • I hate all these colors

0 voters

@torqueboards I heard different color pigments can affect urathane quality, imo go with what works best for the formula, black cores go with any build.

4 Likes

@Battosaii Yeah, I’ll double check on that too and see.

2 Likes

So is this like CarvOn’s direct drives? slightly confused by the “hub motor” part. I see direct drives as 1:1 CarvOn’s or 1:1 gears, Hub motors, I just call hub

2 Likes

I feel like direct drive means the motors directly moving the wheel with no transmission. Now the Hub is the wheel and Carvon is the motor directly moving a wheels so it’s confusing.

In fact noone really knows for sure, what the direct drive means :smiley:

But most of the members consider carvons direct drive and gear drive not, because it has transmission gears and the ratio is not 1:1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Mikenopolis Yeah. I refer to them as In-Wheel Hub Motor, Direct Drive Hub Motor.

Carvon-style are not hub motors because the motor is not the wheel hub.

Carvon-style are direct drive.

Gear drive system like @Nowind E-Toxx system are not direct drive. Using those words is just marketing to try to sell more.

These things are all easily searchable online. There is no need for confusion.

2 Likes

IDK, it that a marketing scheme or just wrong wording?

We see “direct drive” and automatically visualize CarvOns, then see “hub motor” in the same sentence and get confused.

1 Like

So are these just regular hubs as in Raptor 2 hubs?

Yep @mikenyc

I was referring to the EToxx things, not the TB things. THIS is why language needs to be used correctly.

1 Like

Sure, we can call them Direct Drive Motors. @Mikenoplis @b264

2 Likes

Enertion calls it direct drive as well. At least the language on their site does. But the vernacular on this site generally refers to them as just hub motors.

2 Likes

I have yet to try a Hub set up as good as the best belt set ups. Hummie hubs may be an exception but even the Raptor 2 doesn’t make me smile like my dual 6374 set up.

2 Likes

yeah. My Carvon Raptor 1 is in pieces right now and I haven’t had the time to put it back together after sensor wire repair, I’ve been riding my dual 6355 belt Raptor for the past two weeks. Belts are beastly in comparison.

1 Like

These are @Eboosted 107s.

I’ve had chunking on the Black 107s too. The greens are pretty good but still get tears. I generally just am not sure about the reflex formula.

2 Likes