TorqueBoards Recplacement clamp.... uhm... >_>

…hummmm… don’t know. Last time I paid like $10 bucks in shipment for TB items. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s actually better for CA folks… no sales tax :slight_smile: Shipping is the same either way too.

Heatshrink is used to closed the gap for 180mm trucks or 218mm trucks if the motor mount holes don’t line up properly for the motor mount. This is because the top & bottom part of the clamp both have bolt holes for the motor mount. You don’t typically need it but it’s there if you do.

3 Likes

Hey Torquey, remember to send me the little single grub screw missing (from the four that should come) with the Clamp for the 63 mm Reversed Mount. I’ll remaind you again in the near future so you can include the little thing with my next order. I already installed the clamp and all but is not definitive because I’m awainting batteries, enclosure and other enchilada to finish that build (Mjolnir Pintail 40"). So is not urgent for now. (just to remaind you on that one). Cheers Bro. :grinning::+1:

IMG_20180425_091035

what is this :smiley: image

and these…

3 Likes

…that’s new ‘competition’ for @Alphamail :rofl:

1 Like

@pixelsilva - Please email us. I can’t remember your order name or email. lol help@

1 Like

Don’t worry @torqueboards, I’ll mail you on time with my next order so you can include the missing Grub Screw.

1 Like

@pixelsilva - Please email us. I can’t remember your order name or email. lol help@

No competition. @alphamail is awesome… I plan on using riptides for our precision trucks soon.

@Holyman92 - Still finalizing on pneumatics but mostly will be a 160x50 street and 180x50 all terrain tire.

110x65 Samples… They are huge… Will be black though with black cores. May have a second color option.

8 Likes

I look foward to this, i am using pneumatics that I printed rn and love them

20180711_180103 received_10216440844357783 JPEG_20180706_154112

4 Likes

I need to get me a 3D printer so I can do cool shit like this :weary:

1 Like

Is to late for suggestions @torqueboards? I’m still concerned about the chunking thing. Rounded lips are a must. To much square sharp angles and you could ruin the project. I like the 110mm x 65mm size though, way to go bro!! Key aspect here is to pay attention to costumers. Also, black wheels on black cores are a wise decision (from a starting point), non of that BS… whites on whites :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: like somewhat they are not forgetting their skateboard heritage… c’mon dudes!!. Lack of creativity there (you other wheel manufacturers out there :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

The other one thing (in my opinion) vital for the success of an esk8 wheel is to pair it with a robust sprocketed wheel pulley that anybody can buy from the SAME manufacturer. You need to come up with a sprocket wheel pulley along your 110mm wheel, or 'am afraid, you will only accomplish half the task. This is what ABEC and others did in the past (could not accomplish)… to provide a robust sprocket wheel pulley (an integral wheel pulley) not that stupid lego wheel pulley that you often see out there, made of multiple parts that you need to assemble like a puzzle… (pulley, retainer ring & six bolts) which almost always needs adjustments and twitching here and there, not properly balanced, etc.

If you come up with an integral aluminum sprocket wheel pulley for your 110mm wheel, you will do a killing!! So far NOBODY (well, almost nobody, except Ollinboards) has come with a complete package like that, and that is the reason we are still almost 7 or 8 years into this hobby and still looking to close the gap in many areas left unattended and without a valid solution.

So kudos to you @torqueboards :+1::+1: Any more advice on this issue, from us costumers, don’t hesitate.

…follow the money, and do it with style…:wink: :point_down:

Ollinboards aluminum wheel pulleys (ABEC type & Kegel type)

Pulley%20AL

Pulley%20SP

@pixelsilva Yeah, will have a 36T/44T Pulley w/ a bearing for our 218mm Trucks. May move away from aluminum for the pulleys though.

The 110mm wheel will have a new rounded front lip and rounded lip on back side.

2 Likes

Great, man!! You are going in the right direction with rounded lips to avoid chunking. ABEC tried to cut angles (literally) by cutting off 11 mm of their succsesful 107mm to produce their new 90° sharp inside Superfly. The moment they started messing up with the original design the chunking nightmare appeared. Boa made it right straight up from the bat. Their wheels are all rounded lip outside/inside. So far, test riders haven’t noticed no chunking with them at all.

…Round round baby round round…

1 Like

You going black. That’s playing smart. Don’t go tutti frutti like Kegel or ABEC with their tropical carnival colors…green/orange core, orange/lime core, purple/green core, orange, pink, lime… that part of the color wheel chart been explored thoroughly. So please, for that other color you are thinking on, come up with something Nasty :sunglasses:. No more of that papaya festival. Non of that s… anymore. Become a furtive-carbon-stealth demon. Bring us some Batman-Lamborghini-USAF-Formula 1-racing type color thing.

One dark knight colored wheel example… :point_down:

Looking forward to those 110s! I agree that the current wheel pulley system for esk8 isn’t entirely optimized and it takes some time to balance the pulleys. A self-centering feature would be great.

1 Like

@torqueboards I have been having problems with your mounts coming loose every ride, I have tried everything. Can I get a set of these new mounts?

@BigBrit - Email us help@

Glad to see someone got the new mount. I’ve been going back and forth with the help desk for over 2 weeks just to confirm a ship to address. Ugh.

Would we have received an email or something regarding them I contacted in the past but haven’t really heard anything.

@Strattos - If you don’t get a response send another email could have gotten lost or didn’t go through. :smile: