TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

I would have gladly paid $15 for shipping, even though I’m in the US. Small price to pay for a free clamp.

1 Like

I just rode a little over 10 miles on mostly cobble Stone and uneven wooden decks with @mmaner and his son (really cool people!) the mounts have not moved a centimeter the new dual clamp design is way way better now Dexter has the perfect motor mount. @torqueboards thanks man these mounts make me so happy!

20180727_20172820180729_09290020180729_092912

4 Likes

Fun as hell right with @Battosaii, saved my ass to by bring a remote for my kids board…his went missing somewhere between home and Miami. Thanks again brother :grin:.

3 Likes

Anytime man! Wait till tomorrow night we will have a decent size group.

3 Likes

So jelly of you guys having people to ride with.

2 Likes

When I first started I had no one to ride with either and little by little we have made a community here and now we have legends like @mmaner coming to visit :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah but the new clamp won’t fix my problem. I need a fixed motor plate to the clamp. The old design is just awfull.

I don’t mind paying for shipping. The problem is that you send me clamps. I don’t need clamps. I need a fixed motor plate so that I don’t have to tighten 4 screws that can come loose.

There’s nothing wrong with the motor plate design. It’s the same design that 90% of the motor plates ever sold use, at least the mounting method.

Are you using loktite? Maybe explain what’s going on we will see if we can help.

3 Likes

I agree I never had the problem with the motor plate my problem was the clamp no matter what it came loose I use red 262 locktight and the provided lock nuts and it’s solid.

1 Like

Is it recommended to only tighten 2 of the set screws for the clamps? I bent an Allen tightening them and they came off in like 5 min, on some really rough roads mind you, but 5 min.

Did you torque it down?

You using the new 2 piece clamp or the old style?

I have the 2 piece and it’s super solid has not moved at all where as the old one would get loose every ride.

I torqued them down pretty damn hard. I didn’t use a torque wrench and Allen adapter, so I have no idea what they were torqued to, but I started to bend the Allen wrench I used. I’ll have to try some red lock-tite I think.

I have the new style, with four set screws. I ordered them really recently, as of now they only sell motor mounts which are one piece with four set screws. Sounds like they solved the problem, but then reverted back to a dysfunctional design, lol. I read about the problems with them, but was too impatient and just bought them any way. I was thinking that maybe I could just tighten 2 of the 4 set screws so that 2 sides of the clamp directly touch the truck. I’ll test it and see how it works that way, with some red Loctite too.

@C23 Email our support desk. We’ll send you the NEW 2PC Clamps.

We’ve since switched to all 2pc clamps.

2 Likes

Since when did this change? I have no idea when i ordered my 218 trunks and my motor mounts, but i finally opened them yesterday and it is a 1 piece design. Unfortunately no screws in the bag (i guess this is normal? Unexpected though :smiley:

Oh I stripped one. It can totally happen haha.

Well, i also stripped all of mine.

Hot damn. You must have arms like @Sender

2 Likes