Torqueboards 6355's are kind of locking up

Just started today - when I release the trigger on the remote - the board quickly grinds to a stop.

Flipping it over, and manually trying to move the wheels, they are very very stiff. If I turn of power, and spin them manually, they spin as normally expected - a little resistance due to the motor/pulley… but completely different than when power is on. Again this Just Started today - I can no longer coast downhill due to motor resistance slowing the board down.
Any ideas?

What happens if you disconnect the motors from the ESC?

1 Like

Same as with power off - they rotate freely.

Sounds like your ESC has a closed FET (is broken)

Seriously, disconnect all wires from your motor and test it

It’s probably your ESC

2 Likes

It can even be the DRV that is shorting a FET when on

@plasteroid - Can you send us an email? I’ll PM you.

4 Likes

Sounds daft but is there any chance you have adjusted the trim on the remote a little so the deadzone has changed?

4 Likes

Are the phases wires touching each other?

It could be the Esc as some stated or it could be the remote as @bigben stated. I would start with the remote because that is the easiest to check out. If your using the Mini RC remote, the white knobs can get moved accidentally and could cause this problem. If you are using the Mini remote, check that the knobs are aligned properly then check the calibration of the remote in the Vesc or BLDC tool.

39%20PM

2 Likes

Not daft at all. I had the same thing happen on my flysky. took me ages to work it out too.

2 Likes

I just wanted to close out this thread. No further issues. At this point the issue seems to resolved itself.
Thanks @torqueboards for the PM and support.

1 Like

For anyone else finding this with similar faults, my enertion motor experienced something similar and it turned out to be the phase wires shorting just inside the motor. Only happened when I got the vibrations just right. Took me a week to find the culprit.

1 Like