Tool recommendations

:grin: 10 char

This is gold right here!

4 Likes

I once repair a cracked guitar neck with a syringe, some clamps, and some super glue. Still holding strong 10 years later.

2 Likes

It really is a lifesaver :slight_smile:

It was part of a trade, I got a broken guitar, and he got a old refrigerator. In the end he was kinda mad I fixed it so easily.

ā€œIf the women donā€™t find you handsome, they should at least find you handyā€

48" Scaleā€¦To get everything lined up right. Spot welder for battery packsā€¦I have a Sunnko 788+.

DREMEL STUFF!! I know Loctite has already been covered, but LOCTITE PROFESSIONAL. The best. IMO The applicator tip and bottle design make it easy to use and it doesnā€™t get crusty like the old tubes used to. Whether you are trying to repair a broken part or just trying to keep your fingers from falling apart after a gigā€¦ @Lawndart @L3chef Are you guys musicians? That baking soda/Loctite trick is pretty sweet. Makes guitar nut repair pretty easy. Even if you have nearly zero tools. I use it for fretwork too. Just put a drop at the ends of the frets and let it wick under. Clean up with a damp acetone rag and itā€™s set for level and crown. Plenty of times on a gig/sesh this stuff has saved my butt. I dab it on my fingertips in thin coats, let dry, and smooth it out with some 220Grit paper. Works greatā€¦
. Because I live in Oregon and itā€™s required by law to have weed at all timesā€¦JK :v: 2017 Alien OG/Jaeger Hybridā€¦Sativa dominant.

8 Likes

Not a musician, but I messed around in a punk band when I was a teen. My brothers the musician, and music teacher. I just help him some when heā€™s working on his instruments. Iā€™m in Oregon too, outside Portland.

My eboard is basically ready for assemble , just waiting on the battery pack, and Iā€™ll need to do a little cutting and drilling ports on the enclosure. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ll get to do a little riding before winter.

@ulfberht No Iā€™m not. I just spend a lot of time in the garage :smile:

1 Like

@Ulfberht thanks for recommendation- just got mine :wink:

5 Likes

Harbor Freight Tools 18 Pc SAE & Metric T-Handle Ball End Hex Key Set https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P4CSUK6

Thanks, but the credit goes to Irdesigns. He posted up first.

1 Like

If youā€™re in Portland we should go ride sometimes. I obey all laws so I always have some weed on hand. :wink:

1 Like

Lots of tool users in Portland :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Here is a trick using a drill press to thread a hole. Pretty handy for a diy idle pulley set up.

4 Likes

Are harbor freight tools decent. Stuff like drill bits, taps and dies, power tools like sanders?

They arenā€™t great, but not much is anymore. My grandpa used to swear by Craftsmanā€¦I break Craftsman sockets on a regular basis.

I tend to buy inexpensive hand tools and expensive power tools. Harbor freight hand tools are as good as anything you will find at Loweā€™s or Home Depot.

3 Likes

I agree with you on the hand tools, junk is junk. I always end up braking my 10mm, 12mm sockets so I end up spending a little more on replacing those. Ive had bad luck with the Allen head sets Iā€™ve gotten from HF, so Iā€™m defiantly looking at those plus drivers posted earlier.

The HF power tools will last for a few jobs or two before dying. Then other just keeping going and going mike the cordless drill, and angle grinder I got from them. The grinding and polishing wheel I got there are pretty rock solid.

1 Like

Cool. How about for something like a router. What would be a decent one and where to buy

Definitely not a HF router. I use a Bosh 2.3 HP plunge/fixed combo router. I bought it 12 years ago for around $300 but itā€™s definitely been a good one.

My brother in law has bought 4 DeWalt routes for $100 each Iā€™ve a 5 year period.

I think thatā€™s how I snagged my Mrs 'cause it damn sure wasnā€™t my looks! lol