"Tico" *UPDATE*/Red Ember Bludgeon/dual Maytech 6374S 170kv/ FOCBOX/20-60 PSYCHO 6SHOOTERS/ 12s5p bypass 30q/psycho mounts and enclosure

So final coat (hopefully) of resin is on … I had a little extra epoxy so I threw some on the “Star Board”

I don’t have my glass frit yet, to give the starboard more grip (the clear MOB I have is too opaque for this)… but as this layer of epoxy starts to tack, I am going to take a chipping brush and add some texture… see how that turns out. Even from just the first layer of epoxy I had on before, it had some descent grit to it that I attribute to the fabric itself… we will see how it turns out.

Damn, I really need to start the “Star Board” build thread soon. As soon as the kids are asleep for a nap, I will try to get that going as I am in a “waiting to dry” holding pattern for the next 8 hours! Hmmm, or do I fire up the spotwelder… tough decisions.

Ya gotta love days like this, wfe at work, day drinking, playing with the kids, and making shit.

11 Likes

I’m in the, it’s raining, wife is at work, drinking,waiting on the stairs for the mail man, Because I needs maah parts.

14 Likes

Oooooo, whats coming in today?

3 Likes

More batteries. The only thing I can work on… lol

4 Likes

Nkon? I need to put another order in before I need them…2 Lacroix decks coming in and I need 120 more 30qs… ugh. $400.

3 Likes

Lol that’s how many I have coming… 120…

Nkon out of stock right now :confused:

4 Likes

Lammmmeeee… I don’t know of another source with good prices.

Also, dumb question, will my 12s Boosted Board charger work on a DIY battery? I certainly don’t know why it wouldn’t, but there could be some bull shot proprietary Apple-esque block on it… I have been wondering for a minute. It is only 2a, but would ve nice to have a “work” charger…

1 Like

Boosted is 12s but it’s lifepo4. So 43.2v at full charge instead of 50.4v

3 Likes

I could have sworn the info plate said 50.4, but it is at home

2 Likes

Just got a new set of x washers from @akhlut… Look at theae beauties!!!

12 Likes

Thanks Matt, I like these even more than my first set. I will probably put these on “Tico” and put my first set on the “Learner Burner”

I am thinking about putting a coat of clear epoxy to maintain the look, but I don’t want to fuck em up…

3 Likes

Try the epoxy and see how it turns out. If they get messed up i’ll send you a replacement set gratis.

6 Likes

I justed used clear enamel. And baked them. The enamel smoothed itself in the oven.

3 Likes

Was it just some rustoleum spray enamel?

2 Likes

If you need grit urgently you can have a go at grinding glass bottles, beer bottles work ecspecially well… you can drink and grind at once.

Love that enclosure it looks amazing

2 Likes

Fug I like this build man and those are some sweet throwing stars, Matt you’re a real good guy, I hope your holiday plans for Ireland come to fruition.

Ps. I bought 120 30q as well this weekend !

3 Likes

Ps. You know have the skills and equipment to diy fix that laptop. - I fixed a busted iMac with just these Phone/laptop screwdriver set Isopropyl alcohol

If you open the sucker up you should find some corrosion which is shorting the motherboard…blue-green, remove that with cotton buds and the ISO. Keyboard should be removed and cleaned with lots of ISO if sticky keys

Take the battery out first

Let dry for a day and it will probably light up again

2 Likes

Hell yeah, great idea! I will definitely give it a go. Thanks!

3 Likes

Ye old wet sanding.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna need you to layer mine too :grinning:

3 Likes