"Tico" *UPDATE*/Red Ember Bludgeon/dual Maytech 6374S 170kv/ FOCBOX/20-60 PSYCHO 6SHOOTERS/ 12s5p bypass 30q/psycho mounts and enclosure

Battery voltage 41.3

1 Like

It seems odd that the leds never change on the charger no matter what is happening.

If it is plugged inoto the wall it is always red and green

Gotcha was just making sure you were actually seeing the battery voltage on the red wire, and -ch from the BMS.

Hmm. Can you unplug the bms, and replug in? Also just to make sure in the last picture you have cell 1balance lead on the very right, and cell 10 on the very left of the 2nd balance plug right?

Wait the charger is flashing red and green?

No no no, led 1 is red led2 is green, solid

1 is far right, 12 is far left

2 Likes

I just checked my buddy @SORRENTINO drawing we used to wire his up… It looks like your wiring

Don’t mind my squiggles

1 Like

That right light is supposed to be red when charging and switch 2 green after full charge. The left red light confirms it is hooked up to power.

But the right one is always green?

2 Likes

Hey Tim… call me

Thats the one I used… well the original image from Bestech

1 Like

Will do! Incoming after this cigarette…

2 Likes

I don’t guess you have another charger? I’ve got a 12s 2a u can mail you Monday.

The BMS is charge only right? What happens if you pull the BMS out if the loop and connect the charger + & - directly to the packs + & -?

1 Like

Wow! An hour and a half later on the phone with @Deckoz and I think I am sorted…

I love this place!

Probably a BMS reset issue… reconnecting, disconnecting, and for some reason hooking up a multimeter for a bit (maybe the added resistance??? ) Got the charger actually charging.

Now it is behaving how it should. When plugged in, the left right is red, the fan is on, and it is actually charging.

Yay!

It was weird, I am not an idiot… right @Deckoz… maybe?

Now to dismantle the charger amd adjust end of charge to 41v per cell for longevity.

Naturally, under the tutelage underneath Darth Deckoz.

Sorry, you seem Sith to me.

9 Likes

@deckoz thinks it was a BMS reset issue (obviously, he is most likely correct)

On the off chance, I think I “over flux” when soldering and the flux drip in the connectors may have caused a continuity issue.

I felt possible as I worked those bullet commectors from the charge port back and forth it may have made an impact.

Maybe anecdotal.

3 Likes

If this amazing place didn’t exist, I would be staring at the wall, beer in hand, with a thumb in my ass.

Thank you @Deckoz

(I may or may not still have a beer in my hand and a thumb up my ass, but now it is on my terms)

9 Likes

I’d try the charger on another known good pack, and another charger in this pack. That will let you isolate it to the charger or the pack + BMS.

If it’s the charger you can have my 2 amp 12s charger for as long as you need it. If it’s the BMS or the pack…well, that’s not good as it’ll be wait it redo.

2 Likes

Yea man. Anytime :slight_smile:

Although we talked about alot more in the hour and a half than your battery. It was fun. Glad it’s charging as it should now :slight_smile: but yea Sorrentino used that BMS and his seemed stuck in fault at first too.

5 Likes

Awrsome, glad y’all got it worked out. I’ve got a 12s4p pack I’m prolly gonna covert to charge only for the space savings so this has been informative.

2 Likes

Let me know, I will get you a beer when panick mode kicks in.

1 Like

Lool at this shit.

Charging like a champ.

@deckoz I will LYK when I hit about 47.5V

5 Likes