"Tico" *UPDATE*/Red Ember Bludgeon/dual Maytech 6374S 170kv/ FOCBOX/20-60 PSYCHO 6SHOOTERS/ 12s5p bypass 30q/psycho mounts and enclosure

I’ve got foam.seel if you want some, it’s not waterproof but does a great job with flex.

That is the best enclosure work I’ve ever seen, epic work brother.

3 Likes

So I have a water plan.

I am going to make a ruber seal around the perimeter, but also covering everything.

Then also use “d” sttle weather stripping on top of that around the edge for further protection.

I only have 4 inch strips, so had to join them for this plan. After some quick tips from @Deckoz, here is the attachment plan:

We will see how it is after the silicone cures.

5 Likes

5 Likes

applying a grease where the seal meets the deck will also help to keep the water out.

2 Likes

+13 on those inserts being the right way around :slight_smile:

They are the bomb for finess

Build on buddy

1 Like

So after I get everything right settings wise and I am not ripping off the enclosure a bunch…

I want to do a very THIN silicone bead around where my rubber seal meets the enosure. I will have to peel it off and reapply when I need to get in there, but hopefully that will be seldom after I get all of my settings locked in.

I will also be using a BT module. I have a few “normal” ones to run with @Ackmaniac 's app.

I am debating on geting a METR app? But I don’t believe that works with Ack firmware yet.

I am using a Galaxy S8 active… i know there have been some android issues. I need to look this up.

I run ackmaniac ESC to with metr.

Metr also allows you to do wireless tcp pass through your phone to computer without USB. So you don’t even need to open your enclosure to do motor detections or configuration.

4 Likes

Alright, thats cool. Do you have an android?

Yea Nexus 6

2 Likes

@Sender

I made a video a while back. At the end is the part about wireless

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/how-to-program-canbus-properly-video-tutorial/52606

1 Like

So as I am waiting on my motor pullies and belts, I have been looking at the phase/sensor wire routing and I hated it.

I preordered some of the Riptide Tunnel risers, but those are a month out and won’t solve the fact that the Surf Rodz baseplate I have is oddly shaped and those risers will leave a bit of an awkward gap.

So I a made some “tunnel risers” out of a super dense hardwood that fit the tombstone shape of the Surf Rodz base plate.

One might ask, “Where did you get super hard wood?” (Well besides looking at this beautiful board).

I salvaged a small unused cutting hoard we have that is a shade over 1/2" thick. I went to a buddies shop and cut it to shape.

Then I mounted it to a table and drilled the holes.

Then drew out a loose routing plan:

Then some time with my dremel and its routing attachment:

And you get something like:

I am trying to figure out how to finish them. I have a “espresso stain plus poly” and some appliance epoxy black paint.

I sprayed the inside of the tunnel riser with the “epoxy” paint but am planning on staining/poly the front riser and the visible sides of the rear riser.

Alright, here is where I need help. In that last picture is the stained side (only one dose of stain). I was hoping it would be less brown, but alas…

Do you guys think that espresso brown clashes with the deck and the rest of my set up or is it a cool accent?

Need opinions especially from:

@mmaner

@Deckoz

@treenutter

@akhlut

9 Likes

#clean work space

5 Likes

Firstly I cannot believe you managed to Dremel out the tunnel. Haha I would have taken a hobby saw to the outline, then chiselled the tunnel. Lol I cannot Dremel straight and it bugs me lol.

Anyway that espesso is a nice base on the cut side for a translucent yellow clear.

Not sure if you have any model shops around with testors paints. But they have a yellow pearl that. You can dust under a clear coat to give it shimmer like the baseplate with wood grain coming through… just an idea…

Otherwise it looks fine to me! And I like the cutting board idea alot lol

3 Likes

I think it looks great! My one suggestion, make sure you round out/ filet all the corners edges inside the channels you made. You don’t want them to cut the phase leads!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I rounded out the corners by hand with 120 grit sand paper.

1 Like

DIY FTW! Epic man! Keep it up! :smiley:

2 Likes

the idea to dremel this is awesome, funny thing my dremel set just came today… this is gonna be fun

1 Like

God damn you come up with some cool ideas, that’s awesome. I 2nd @trrenutter, you definitely bdont want any sharp edges where the phase wires are, I learned that the hard way with some 3d printed risers.

I think I would maybe paint them with plasti-dip in black, it will be a little less than satin and give it a manufactured feel. I think if you stain it was or 3 times then clear coat it will darken up a lot.

4 Likes

They are pretty rounded. I think it should be fine.

Here is a a pic for reference. Obviously I won’t have 2 on there, it is just to show the routing.

8 Likes

Yay or nay?

11 Likes