Throttle and braking issues. Been fine for a week, now I have a problem

Okay, I’ll changed that along with the max voltage input. See what that does.

@chaka @Blasto

This look okay? I ran a motor detection and got no fault codes. Dont actually know I’m supposed to check for fault codes but I figure that would be the place.

If you enable active sampling on the realtime data it will show fault codes on the bottom left hand side of the screen.

No Faults found @chaka

That will only show them in real time if you want to see if any have logged go to “terminal” and type faults. It will show you if any have logged while connected through the usb port.

Mmmm. Okay. Well, I had upped the max in, and reduced the regen brake and tried it out real time with no load and I got no issues like I had been before. I will check that again once I get back from class but I put the case back on and tried it out just now and no issues. Full acceleration and braking. I’m also not flicking the remote as hard I was in the video, that was just to demonstrate the issue in worst case scenario.

But as of right now it looks like that resolved the issues. I will post what error I had gotten before.

if the input voltage didn’t fix it i’m thinking it could be a ppm issue. are you using split pwm? make sure the two are calibrated and consistent.

Hey @saul yeah it is split but it’s been working without a problem for a week now so I doubt it was that. I calibrated that over a week ago. And rechecked the calibration today. I did make sure to make sure all the connections are tight and a piece of electrical tape to prevent them coming loose from vibrations.

The input voltage back up to 57V and reducing the regen braking from each VESC to 7amps seemed to have fixed the issue.

ok good to know. makes sense since when you brake your input voltage goes a bit higher than a full charge.

57v is safe for 12s which is about 51v full. so anything above 40 should be fine for 8s. but seem like there is no real reason to lower it…

Yeah I guess there’s no real issue with leaving it at the default 57v