Theres another sheet underneath :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now I know why it is everywhere out of stockā€¦

Donā€™t worry, I didnā€™t order from anywhere you guys will

Anyone have a hakko?

Can it do 12,10awg and xt90 with the standard tip

1 Like

IMAG0147

DIY soldering iron made from an old soldering gun a mercedes glowplug and a forged copper pipe as tip, nothing better for soldering big wires so far.

4 Likes

Might be a stupid question (sorry) but why should everyone have a ā€œDIY soldering iron made from a OLD soldering gun a Mercedes (wtf) glowplug and a forged copper wire as tipā€ when they can just get a really soldering iron?

But cool invention though :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very powerful, fast to heat up, 12v , large thermal mass for soldering big things. Got the idea from rc-forum but refined it a bit.

Late answer. But yes it can, with ease.

1 Like

This ABS cement is pretty useful.

1 Like

what is this used for

Itā€™s a liquid ABS plastic that hardens when it dries. Great for patching up gaps in your enclosure where you would put the power button, loop key, battery display. etc. When it cures itā€™s almost as strong as if it were a connected piece f the enclosure.

2 Likes

How does it compare to properly mixed and cured JB Weld 8265-S?

Thatā€™s an epoxy concoction right? IDK this is the only product Iā€™ve used to strengthen and seal ABS so no idea. but it was super easy since I didnā€™t need to mix anything, just apply it with the included cap brush.

Getting the new office put together. I love this thread I refer to it the most. I do need to buy lots of these things on this thread but not just for Esk8. I have a wide range of projects Iā€™m doing Esk8 is just my favorite part of my Job. Quick question though. Does FOC make a ESC for larger vehicle applications or is that just vedders.IMG_20190408_112459392

6 Likes

Iā€™m also looking for a car ESC for my Volvo P1800S.

21 Likes

@Eboosted yeah Iā€™m trying to convert this IMG_20190218_142447421 IMG_20190218_142754537 and I know there is other ESCs but I like programmable. Even with the learning curve and the price. Haha

4 Likes

This is really your only current vesc option. Might be worth splitting this to a new thread though.

http://www.trampaboards.com/single-vesc-75v-300a-in-cnc-t6-silicone-sealed-aluminum-box--the-most-powerful-vedder-electronic-speed-controller-ever-p-26293.html

2 Likes

There is another one on endless-sphere (the old-old forum) but I forgot what itā€™s called.

1 Like