The wanderer | Landy Evo | 4WD TB DD | 12S?P | 2x Focbox Unity | Evo enclosure | TB110/Pneumatics/Gummies

Interesting wish list, and I suppose it’s great to aim high ! 100km on AT wheels is probably going to be optimistic (at best). Certainly will be if you like the look of stealthy boards and standard under deck battery enclosure mounting. Of course anything is doable but the results won’t be pleasing on the eye!

Looking forward to seeing how you progress on this project.

My set up is 4wd I had a belt get caught in the idlers cause the tension became too loose and it locked one wheel up.

without optimism (and some craziness) you won’t be able to achieve something great. But you’re totally right, my realism says it won’t work, but let’s see :smiley:

1 Like

shit! I hope you didn’t get hurt that’s exactly why I never want a belt setup

Totally agree. It’s just I like stealthy boards, and whilst I get why mtb esk8 need top mount batteries, I just don’t like the look of metal boxes inbetween the foot placements. This is probably the only way you’ll get that many cells needed for that much range though.

1 Like

Without to promote myself :sweat_smile: I‘m running a quad with pneumatics and nothing sides separated from each other

If you want an insane range I wouldn’t recommend to go quad. It’s just not really efficient. The same with chains, they cut you range over belts. I have 2x 12s 5Ah lipo packs and I get like 12-15km out of them.

What you could do is to split your battery in two parts. A12s8p in a Eboosted enclosure under your deck and a 12s8p top mounted. With it you can also connect the two sides independently from each other.

I don’t run a bms as I use a balance charger for my lipos, but I use a fuse for each battery pack to save it up.

1 Like

I‘m not expert on dd, but how you want to mount them on a trampa deck! The deck has a 35degree angle on the nose and tale. Normal longboard trucks will not fit there.

I guess you meant 2x 12s 5Ah?

Nice build btw! Is that just with belts or also with DD? As I imagine that 2 or 4WD wouldn’t make much difference in efficiency

like I said, I have no clue what deck I could use that fits everything, is stable and also suitable for offroad driving I’m still thinking about an Evo tho

Ok so please bear with my absolutely terrible, probably not even electrically correct diagram, but I hope it makes what I was explaining more clear :slight_smile:

It would basically just act as a second loop key from the Battery to the ESC thats in an easier to reach position, maybe even ontop of the box? Using right angle XT 90s you could get a decent seal… :smiley:

its an ‘oh shit’ rope to pull :joy:

1 Like

and that was the moment when we all knew that @b264 would remain silent no longer

4 Likes

Like this it‘s the most easy way :wink:

2 Likes

and that connector going into the ESC enclosure can be pulled out?

What happens to the focboxes if the thing is pulled at speed? :thinking:

1 Like

Sure Ah :sweat_smile: Let’s say like this, with my 12s 5Ah in dual I got like 8-10km. With 2x 12s 5Ah and Quad i get 12-15km.

1 Like

okey, I see it, but… I would prefer to not have more holes in my box as urgently needed and I also don’t really see the use case -> when my board goes crazy I don’t see me grabbing that loopkey…

1 Like

No focboxes in there… But yes i can just pull it out if I want.

It’s an xt90 anti spark plug. It’s not likely that it’s pulled out on speed if I don’t do it with my own hands And even than the power just drops and the board rolls out

you’re saying I should just use a knife :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess my question Is a little too tailored for my board, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree though on the less holes the better though :joy:

Really? no excess of power in the focboxes(/ESCs)?

I dont really know what would happen, but I was worried about the scenario where the capacitors pop like poprocks :rofl:

I would cry ;-;

No knife :joy: Just unplug the xt90 and you good. It’s easy, cheap and safe