The Village Build | S9 Faultine | Paris 195mm | SK3 6364 | DIYES Mount | 8S | VESC | 127mm Pneumatic Wheels

Hey @Bender wow 3 builds that’s great! These wheels are 127mm (5") I used Paris 195s so I suppose it would be 97.5mm from the center of the truck to the tip of the axel. As long as you’re not getting wheelbite, I don’t think it’s a problem to have the wheels higher than the deck.

Sorry to hear about the DRV chip. My advice: go slowly and use a lot of kapton tape to protect the other components on the VESC. Make sure you have solder wick and liquid flux on hand to take off any shorts that exist after your connect the chip. Get good lighting and a magnifier, or a jeweler’s loupe so you can actually see what’s going on.

I got one of those stands for PCBs and it helps to keep the board from moving while you work on it. Have fun!

1 Like

hello , i am making a 8s setup with 83mm wheel system , considering the 6364 motor has 70amp , while vesc for sale are rated for 50-60 amps . should i be worried about that . I am new to vesc and eboards. i live in a hot country. thanks in advance

@s00cl0se you don’t need to worry about that. You do not have to apply the max amperage that your motor can manage. Do plenty of reading about VESC here on the forum as you’re setting it up. Key things are setting max ERPM, Setting voltage cuttof limits, configuring your controller, and doing motor detection.

sorry to bother again , after researching and getting my part list ready. I am going to place the order very soon, but there is a hiccup. the turnigy sk3 6364 245kv motor , from the pictures on the sellers website the 8mm shaft has no keyway mechanism , can you let me know how you securely mounted your pulley , pictures will be helpful but the thread is soo old , not sure if u have it lying around. thanks for your help.

1 Like

@s00cl0se I cut my own keyway w a dremel and a lot of effort. I don’t recommend doing this, just file a flat spot on the shaft and use locktite on the pulley’s grub screw.

@treenutter where did you get your pneumatics for this build?

The vendor isn’t active anymore. They are modified Skike 5" wheels and tires with a custom milled aluminum wheel pulley.

Ahh, shame :frowning:

1 Like

So, does anyone know of wheels and pulleys that are like those in OP and are available in UK?

@cliofreak Having used these for a long time, I’d no longer recommend them because the tires have a lot of quality control issues and they don’t last very long. I got around 120 miles on the drive wheel. The nylon hubs were not meant for esk8, and they are prone to flex and wobble. Using these was a cool idea when there weren’t better options.

I’d recommend a set of @psychotiller 's awesome sixshooter wheels, which I use now. If 6" feels too large, abec11 has a excellent thane 107mms.

2 Likes

Thanks dude. Where are the sixshooter wheels available from?

1 Like

@psychotiller Can you sell 4 sixshooter wheels but for single drive? I dont see that option on your site.

1 Like

Its the only option. I sell them with a complimentary dual set of pulleys. Just choose your size and only use one.

$300

3 Likes

What a blast to the past… this build remains one of my all-time favorites

3 Likes

@anorak234 Thanks! Parts of this build are still hanging around!

2 Likes

Hi , looks stunning! Nice job , can you tell me your vesc configuration? I have 6364 213kv motor and 10s 30c 5800mah batt with 4.12 mayteh vesc and gearing 68/12.