The Village Build | S9 Faultine | Paris 195mm | SK3 6364 | DIYES Mount | 8S | VESC | 127mm Pneumatic Wheels

the problem you may have with belt drive & off road is little rocks and sticks getting inside the pulley teeth.

that’s why i stopped making all terrain wheels that require a belt drive.

1 Like

Thx @onloop , I can easily envision that happening. Wait does that mean that the new Enertion AT Wheels will have hub motors? Will they have enough torque for AT? I saw that secret instagram post!

1 Like

Awesome to hear. Trying to get things going now, but on my other build (since all the enertion stuff came last week). In another week, I should have more time and can hopefully get it all set up then if not before.

1 Like

So whats the new version of AT Tire going to be if i may ask?

it’s a secret… there are some hints on my instagram account

A few updates to this build.

I stopped using the nunchuck and started using a GT2B modded first with Badwolf and then with a mod I found on Ebay, made by @MasterCho . I didn’t like the badwolf print that I got from Shapeways, it felt thin and cheap. I’m much happier with the new one. The new Mad Munkey mod that @FLATLINEcustoms made looks great as well, that will be my next enclosure mod!

I got about 120 miles on my drive wheel before the tire gave out. It’s been replaced since.

I updated my VESC. Installed a bootloader, added a cap to C18, and I run in FOC mode.

I added lights. Nightime riding is the best!

Now working on a new 18650 battery pack. 10s4p!

11 Likes

@treenutter where did you buy this deck? it looks pretty cool…

@davidov it’s an S9 Faultline :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Treenutter! Would it be possible to get in touch with you some way? Email, Skype, etc.? I would really appreciate some help regarding my first build. Thanks!

@RCLifeOn sure feel free to reach out to me. You can PM me here or ask your question in the thread.

Hi there my fellow New Englander,

I have 3 builds in the work and my pneumatic is heavily inspired by your build. Thanks for posting all the info. I do have a couple of questions. What size are your wheels (including the rubber)? And how far from the deck to tha axel? The top of my wheels are above the deck and I’m trying to figure out if I want that or not.

I also fried a drv chip and am going to do my first attempt with hot air to replacing it, any tips? (Read the other thread where you replaced yours)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Bender wow 3 builds that’s great! These wheels are 127mm (5") I used Paris 195s so I suppose it would be 97.5mm from the center of the truck to the tip of the axel. As long as you’re not getting wheelbite, I don’t think it’s a problem to have the wheels higher than the deck.

Sorry to hear about the DRV chip. My advice: go slowly and use a lot of kapton tape to protect the other components on the VESC. Make sure you have solder wick and liquid flux on hand to take off any shorts that exist after your connect the chip. Get good lighting and a magnifier, or a jeweler’s loupe so you can actually see what’s going on.

I got one of those stands for PCBs and it helps to keep the board from moving while you work on it. Have fun!

1 Like

hello , i am making a 8s setup with 83mm wheel system , considering the 6364 motor has 70amp , while vesc for sale are rated for 50-60 amps . should i be worried about that . I am new to vesc and eboards. i live in a hot country. thanks in advance

@s00cl0se you don’t need to worry about that. You do not have to apply the max amperage that your motor can manage. Do plenty of reading about VESC here on the forum as you’re setting it up. Key things are setting max ERPM, Setting voltage cuttof limits, configuring your controller, and doing motor detection.

sorry to bother again , after researching and getting my part list ready. I am going to place the order very soon, but there is a hiccup. the turnigy sk3 6364 245kv motor , from the pictures on the sellers website the 8mm shaft has no keyway mechanism , can you let me know how you securely mounted your pulley , pictures will be helpful but the thread is soo old , not sure if u have it lying around. thanks for your help.

1 Like

@s00cl0se I cut my own keyway w a dremel and a lot of effort. I don’t recommend doing this, just file a flat spot on the shaft and use locktite on the pulley’s grub screw.

@treenutter where did you get your pneumatics for this build?

The vendor isn’t active anymore. They are modified Skike 5" wheels and tires with a custom milled aluminum wheel pulley.

Ahh, shame :frowning:

1 Like

So, does anyone know of wheels and pulleys that are like those in OP and are available in UK?