The Stealth Bomber | 36" Hyperbeast SS | FOCBOX Unity | R2.1 Hubs | 12S5P custom cell holder | D140

Some info on that foot stop Sofia and you are using?

haha, what a birdsnest in the end there :rofl:

It’s the Roger Bros standard Footstop. It’s really great! https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/69451/rogers-bros-standard-foot-stop

4 Likes

Lets hope the ride is a little less harsh than the raptor1.

161C motor temp yikes.

Do you lose a lot of torque when they get hot?

Within the first 7 min they already reach 90C.

Very noice build though. I also wonder how well the compression fit will hold. Time will tell.

1 Like

Yes they do get hot really quick. partially because I was “stress testing” (mostly just for fun), 70% throttle going up to 25mph and breaking for the next red light. I know if I went 15-20mph I dont have to wait at all but I was having so much fun. partially I do think these hubs are very inefficient, metr told me I was doing 28Wh/mile during the second posted ride. not sure how accurate that is. I will do more testing.

When the hubs gets hot you really dont feel a difference until it hits temp throttling.

The cell holders are solid. I ended up soldering to closer all the ends of the braids and then melted the solder while the braid is in position. the solder melts and bonds with the cell holder and got stuck to it. I was surprised at how well it did. besides from my poor jst crimping job, which I fixed later yesterday, and initially unbalanced cells (0.2v difference) it performed quite well.

3 Likes

Looking forward for the review, these vs. hummies :face_with_monocle:

Will do, I will swap the Hummies on maybe on Sunday. I can already tell you how they feel different right now but I will just hold all the info for a big post.

Yes those hubs are incredibly inefficient, I got quite similar results. You are lighter than me, in my case they heat up quite fast even in the 15-20 mi/h range. Let’s see what the new Unity firmware will bring, Enertion says it’s because of the wrong Beta. How is the coasting or freeroll on yours compared to the Hummies? I was surprised by the strong drag.

Coasting is definitely better. I thought they already fixed that beta value. I found out about it in one of their production video. I would assume they have defaulted the value to the unity. (Althought the UI still defaulted to 12 pole pairs.)

1 Like

Is the new Firmware already out? I was just aware that they suggested setting the Beta to 3900 by yourself. But for some people, including me, it will not fix the problem because the motors show temperature differences of more than 40°C across them. Bara said this could be from dodgy thermistors. But as you said no stuttering and powerloss even at 160°C so I hope it’s really only the wrong Beta. Nice build and I am looking forward to your comparison! Btw. how is the efficiency of the Hummies?

Two unicorns :unicorn: image

15 Likes

Wow i havent test my kit yet but seing those result make me worried AF , the motor heat is just crazy! … i hope its just software issue and they will fix this soon ! What is your temp throttling? Thanks for sharing those test man ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Um is that normal? im running 10s3p and i can feel the hubs throttle in acceleration within few minutes of riding, but that was max throttle. and how many poles is the motor?

wow I was thinking HAYA is the smaller board. Thanks for the side-by-side.

1 Like

Temp throttling is at the default 160C.

My unity setting is: 100/-60 motor amp (per motor) 100/-30 battery amp (total)

Please notice that I was riding like crazy. Lanuching to 25 and stopping at each lights.

2 Likes

How many poles does the motor poles have? im trying to setup my bluetooth module.

It’s 10 Poles, which ESC are you using?

focbox. that was all i needed thanks.

oops sorry meant motor magnets