The Stars and Stripes | Painted Blank Deck | Caliber II 50 | Dual 63X4 | Custom Mount | 10s 18650 | VESC

i hope youre adding a V8 sound module and an endless loop of south parks “america, fuck yea!”

:grin:

2 Likes

they are good batteries that work fine i am only using these lgs right now because i got a really good deal.

Have you used them @willpark16 ? The specs sound too good to be true.

Used and I can personally say Yea they’re legit plus if u check the comments all they have is good ratings

If they were 18650s I’d be more worried about those specs, but they seem like believable specs for a 26650.

@willpark16 I’ve read some decent reviews on them as well (in addition to the brand as a whole) in a few vaping forums (which seem to have a lot of good info on lithium-ion cells). I think I’m gonna go for them…just need to figure out what BMS I want.

I’m thinking about just getting a cheaper one (lower amp output principally) and just use it for charging and bypass it for discharging.

So I’m really delving into the world of BMS’s. I’ve seen it mentioned that some just bypass the BMS for discharge (ie: connect the battery discharge leads straight to a switch and then to the VESC, instead of going through the BMS). I would imagine that at that point it wouldn’t matter if I got a super low discharge BMS, since it would be bypassed anyways. Does that sound right?

So a follow up to that, I would love to get a BesTech, but I think they’re a little more expensive than I can swallow, and the BatterySupports ones seem okay, but I figure if I’m going to bypass the discharge anyways, I could probably get away with something cheaper. Does this one (besides that it’s on ebay) sound off any alarms? Or does anyone know of a cheaper one at BesTech? I’m getting pretty lost on their site…

BTW: I’m leaning towards a 10s, but I’m still toying with the idea of an 8s

Should work when you bypass it while discharging. I’m thinking of the same for some days now.

So I finally physically got on my deck and rode around(since I finally got my mounting hardware), and found that it was way more flexy that I thought it was before (especially given that it’s a 7-8 ply maple deck)…so I guess I’m doing a split enclosure. In case anyone wanted to see how flexy the decks from CustomSkateboards are, you can see a quick gif here:

or the full video here on youtube. For reference, I’m at 200 lbs right now…

2 Likes

How long did it take for you to get your board from CustomSkateboard? I’m considering using the blank Freeride board they have for my first-ever build. I was going to get an actual vanguard for this, but figured since I’m just contemplating my first build, I should start cheap!

It took about 11 days from order to delivery.

My order timeline:

June 10 - Order Placed and paid for via PayPal June 13 - Processing = “This order has a 10-15 business day production time. You will receive a UPS tracking number via email once your order is finished and shipped out.” June 17 - Shipped June 21 - Delivered

I am running dual rear 6354’s on my Vanguard build. All I had to do is take a dremel and grind off a small amount of the shaft that sticks out. Works perfectly.

@Namasaki is doing a battery build using the basen cells. Ill probably do one in the future too when i get tired of my lipos.

I wanted to use 6374’s, and that’s why I was worried about length. After the pictures and information above from @Mobutusan, I decided that dual 6374s would never work, but 6354s would always be just fine. I ended up just going with @torqueboards’s 6354s.

I’m just finishing up my battery pack, motor mount, and soldering up my VESC. I just got the last of my parts this week, and then the pictures start going up :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve been following his build. It’s looking fantastic! I found a great deal on Samsung 25R’s and so I opted for them.

2 Likes

@rpn314 Awesome! Thanks for the timeline. Placed an order for one tonight.

How is the deck holding up? I’m thinking if getting the Blank Freeride Longboard (almost Loaded Vanguard clone) but I wanna make sure it’ll last me.

I haven’t had any issues with it. I’ve bounced around on it (obviously) and I’ve probably ridden 40 or so miles on it, probably about 30 of which were powered (I rode around a bit before I had my battery pack finished and everything mounted).

So how many ply did you actually get? It says 7 ply is stock and 8 or 9 ply you pay extra.

I’m fairly certain it was 7. It’s kind of covered in paint right now, so It’s a little difficult to tell anymore… I know I didn’t pay extra

1 Like

Ok, great thanks, I weigh 185 so and ill probably get the 8ply then to cut down on some flex.

Hey how’s the deck holding up?