The Stage | Hummie Deck | Gummies | 6.5" Trampa Treads | Geared and DD | Dual VESC 6 | Dual 6355 | 10S5P | 3D Print

Yeah, Sure. I already shared it somewhere else before.link.

What you said about the nozzle dia, , speed etc, makes absolute sense. I’ll have to experiment with test prints.

3 Likes

Looks good. But what are you doing about waterproofing? A thin rubber sheet covering the electronics positioned below the 3d printed enclosure should provide good protection, no? That’s what I am planning to use.

1 Like

Once glued and painted it will be completely waterproof, I’m hopping that it can take the flex as one single piece

Between it and the board I will use a neoprene foam strip

2 Likes

First 3 sections fused together, the first one I used the same procedure as the last build, put the mix between parts and let it dry, the second joint I put a lot more goo and pressed between aluminum plate, almost perfect, don’t even need a second hand of goo to fill the holes like the first one

*its really hard to take good pictures of black filament, everything ends up looking like crap, will try in direct sun light

image image

2 Likes

For a good finish you just have to sand it, apply fillers and spray paint it.

2 Likes

Done, flexing it to fit the deck is no problem for the ABS, also the washers for mounting the enclosure arrived

image image image image image image image

13 Likes

Muito bom, parabéns

3 Likes

Valeu @Grozniy

Deck hole enlarged from 585x145 mm to 605x155 mm

First marked what it would become just to see if it was too much material removed

IMG_6445

IMG_6446

Flattened it using clamps

IMG_6447

And go

IMG_6449

IMG_6451

IMG_6452

IMG_6455

IMG_6454

IMG_6456

Deck remains

IMG_6458

17 Likes

Nice and neat!

What size pack are you fitting?

Doh, just read the title!

1 Like

freehand? no way! Nice job either way, very clever flattening the deck like that.

1 Like

@Mudders for its the 10S3P, I plan to expand it to 5P or change everything to 30Q, probably not, I don’t like the lower range

Maybe go 2070/2170 if anything better appear, for now it’s too expensive, the NCR20700B would be the best

@deucesdown no way I could do that freehand, I forgot to take a picture, but I clamped a wood piece to use as guide

2 Likes

I did the same thing, but didn’t notice one side started shifting and ended up taking off too much because I didn’t draw a line of where to cut

2 Likes

I was really afraid of that, clamped the hardest I could, even if you catch it soon the damage is done, in the end turned out well with just a few hiccups like tipping the router to far and making a shallow hole in some places

Can take smaller/shallower bites in a few passes. It might help, but also more opportunities to mess it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who doesn’t want that opportunity

Did in 2 passes at most places and there was enough “oh shit” moments

Looking back at some of the cuts I think the router speed should have been a little bit higher for a nicer finish on the carbon layers, maybe up to 40k rpm, but whatever, nobody is gonna see it anyway

3 Likes

Insertes done, somehow after carefully marking everything and make sure all is aligned, one of them ended completely out of position :neutral_face:

Not sure what to do, first will see if I can manage to screw it anyway

Second, did a first test in making a custom rubber washer for the enclosure, worked fine but the sheet that I used is too thick

image image

3 Likes

man u make me want more tools :grin:

1 Like

There no such thing as too much tools, most of them come from speakers building

1 Like

depending on where you live there is always a tool renting shop. I rented a manual router once for not that much money. Plus you get good machines and not the “cheaper” ones you would end up buying on Amazon :smile:

2 Likes