The Stage | Hummie Deck | Gummies | 6.5" Trampa Treads | Geared and DD | Dual VESC 6 | Dual 6355 | 10S5P | 3D Print

It worked, now I have half a board assembled, forgot how much carbon fiber itches, gonna take a bath to take all off, also it’s really abrasive, ruined my bits

Overall I really like the looks of the board, looking in the 3D model I was afraid the 218mm would be too narrow and look weird

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

31 Likes

Very sleek looking

1 Like

That looks Awesome!!

1 Like

Thanks guys

Tested with the Urban Threads, for my relief there is no wheel bite

image image image

15 Likes

This is why it wasn’t cutting in the end

5 Likes

This looks soooo nice :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Mich

Enclosure done, unfortunately I couldn’t find the same spray pain anywhere, but this one gave a textured finish that I really liked, hard to show in the pictures , unfortunately the joints are showing, I guess the abs misture being too thick made it really slow to dry and there is still solvent evaporating to this day

image image

11 Likes

if you can get yourself some wrinkle paint thats giving 3d printed parts an gorgeous finish not smooth but seamless and in my personal opinion it looks better and feels beefier then.

example:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, just took a look to see what’s available around here and they are really expensive, but look really great, one problem might be dirt getting stuck and hard to clean

Try Epoxy truck bed liner.

Exactly the same finish as what @Sinned800 sent. It’s a truck liner spray and its scratch resistant, gives a ‘griptape’ look, and looks awesome. I’m sourcing for some locally and will eventually spray it on my remotes and enclosures.

1 Like

Nice, found it a bit cheaper than the VHT, unfortunately there is no national manufacturer with something similar, so a can is 4 times the price of a high quality spray paint, for now I will keep as the last pictures since time is short to finish it

1 Like

Nice job. What is the point of the 3d printed cap no the motor bell? Is it just to keep debris from getting in the motor?

Thanks, exactly, I was tired of opening the motors every week, lots of construction work around where I live

Do the motors seem to get any more warm or hot with these covers on?

where can i buy one?

@monsterbuilder not that I can feel, the hottest I ever measure was 56°C, the covers still let the air pass

@Powadangaboards The enclosure? I made it, 3D printed, it is a lot of work for me to sell, but the files are available

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3205172

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Took some time to do the battery level led’s, unfortunately screwed up a bit, but would be worse if I tried to fix

Also opened my motors to put sensors and again the small bearings are shot, less than 200 km, the fit with the housing is too tight, I will try to widen them a bit with sand paper until it’s uncertain and hold them in place with liquid retainer

One of the hall sensors on one of the boards is dead, I have some them but I think they are ratiometric

IMG_6631

IMG_6642

1 Like

Goodbye old friend and hello new one

Taking off the double sided tape is a pain, any other suggestions to attaching everything to the board? Mainly the vesc and battery, silicone maybe?

image image

1 Like

Go for velcro with an adhesive back. It can be peeled when needed in future but holds very well.

2 Likes