FOCBOX UNITY $299 | R-SPEC DRIVE KIT $588

The Stage | Hummie Deck | Gummies | 6.5" Trampa Treads | Geared and DD | Dual VESC 6 | Dual 5055 | 10S5P | 3D Print

Great, will see if I can find any quality one, for the VESC’s I will need something thinner, a few years ago I had an industrial thin double sided tape that could work

VESC’s are in place, used neutral cure silicone, also did a little surgery to change the wires to 14 AWG

Motors also have new bearings, just waiting for the retention fluid to dry

i cant wait to ride this thing…LOL

Me too, hopefully a group ride before Christmas

yesss pleaseee

Laying out how it’s going to look, still have to fit a double row connector for the case and two led drivers

Death to all connectors

Well not all right?

I’d still want one for the battery and charger…
and the motors, bluetooth, receiver, antispark…:confused::poop:

Gotta say, this thread was a treat to read. Thanks for the awesome photos/methodology. I need to get out of software land I miss building shit!

@sayekim Some places yeah, but motors I will weld directly, no space even for bullets, battery is also welded, what I do is on the other side of the battery I have a 3.5mm bullet that allows me to split it and essentially break the circuit

Besides that, the LED’s and charge port have connectors to make assembly easier, the signal wires to the VESC have connectors since it’s hard to weld directly to the PCB on VESC 6

@Deodand thanks man, looking forward what you will come up with with an unlimited supply of Unities and R-Spec hubs, do I hear 8 wheel drive?

It’s alive, sensors working flawlessly, never had tried sensored before, really cool having the motor start up with you holding it down, and temperature sensors is a plus, will be able to test how much current this little motors can really take

The only pain is welding these sensor cables, after half an hour of trying to fit a JST-XH contact inside an JST-PH housing I realized what I was doing, but that was after I thought I had forget to order the 6 pin JST-PH, until I found the secret stash

That was quickly, wasn’t expecting the stand offs to show before 2019

Small window in the carbon fiber right above the NRF module and gripped

One drive wheel done

Just a preview with Kegels, really like the flex, enough without being uncontrollable

Motor sensors completely covered in epoxy for waterproof ness

And she stands, all bearings with retaining compound for a rattle free ride

Also I’m having second thoughts about the gear drive due to limiting wheel selection, it would look really cool with some Caguamas

Everything powers on, no magic smoke, enclosure connectors wired up

Not much to say, fixed the second sensor PCB and will test tomorrow, one motor is fully sleeved and mounted and connected, for now a have a single drive

These final steps is where all problems begin to show, the pulley covers are too slim and don’t fit, the motor wires clamp is also too small, but no problem if I can’t get in looking the best and water proof, I travel on the 20, so it has to be ready and tested on the 19 because I want to ride a lot on my trip