The Stage | Hummie Deck | Gummies | 6.5" Trampa Treads | Geared and DD | Dual VESC 6 | Dual 6355 | 10S5P | 3D Print

Thanks

No connectors this time, I extended the phase wires and soldered directly to the vesc pcb

Ah. I’m trying to get those connectors but I don’t know what they are called

Try Mt60 or Mr60

2 Likes

As @Linny said, MR60 are 3 pins in line and MT60 in a triangle, I really like them, way better than bullets, only reason I didn’t use them here is lack of space to route the cables inside the deck and also I couldn’t find any good ones for the sensor

That’s brings to a point I’ve been thinking, I have no idea how do waterproof the motor wires in this building, even if I completely surround them with silicone there is no guarantee it would be good

The precious build using MT60 embedded into the deck, there was no gap in the enclosure, the buttons were water proof so was the switch, the way it is the only way water can enter is through the phase and sensor wire holes, I know that since I’ve been ridding on fine dirt a lot, and the only place dirty has made the way inside is in these holes

Any suggestions are welcome

One way would be to make a pod that houses two MT60 connectors and some other for the sensors

Fuses and wiring for the new battery, will be joining the P groups with double 1.5 mm² wire, approximately 12 AWG, should be enough, even more since I doubt the 80A peak will last more than a few seconds

IMG_7147

2 Likes

image image

9 Likes

Yesterday finally took it to the places I was having problem with overheating and loosing brakes, no problems anymore, I don’t know what will happens once I increase the current limits

71°C peak and only for a second, maybe it’s just noise, the average is 60°C with 25°C ambiente temperature

An interesting thing is that once stopped the temperature rises and then starts to fall down due to the sensor being exposed to ambient air and the core being hotter than the surface, in my future direct drive I will see if I find a way to put the sensor deep into the windings

Another problem is that maybe I’m having connection drops, not sure if it’s that or the poor implementation of ramping of the VESC’s that gives this impression, probably will set all ramping to zero and see what happens, unfortunately if it’s a radio problem it can end badly with ramping disable

2 Likes

Longest ride so far, I’m in love with this board even more, I departed 10AM and came back 4:40PM, of that, around 4 hours was on top of the board riding, charged 4 times wherever I could between some snacks and drinks

The most important, 52 km, and my legs are in great shape, could keep riding more with no problem

The consumption is really low riding slower and with lots of stops and go, at 7.1 Wh/km, I could make this ride without charging, but with sag I think I would not be able to climb some hills

The records are split in 3 since I reached the maximum size in Metr, and a little bit is lost due to it stopping

7 Likes

She got wet for the first time, I have to say the Gummies are impressive in the wet, I barely noticed any less grip, neither full acceleration or full brake make the lock and slide, handle exactly like it’s dry. With the Kegels if you even thought of braking they would loose traction

The downside of this deck/wheels is that it throws all the water and crap on you, both shoes completely soaked, and it wasn’t even raining

Won’t do this again until I seal everything properly

IMG_7213 IMG_7212

7 Likes

Haha, exactly my experience. I started working on cool looking guards just after riding in rain. Wet pants and shoes is what is so annoying.

3 Likes

I saw yours, looking forward to see how durable are they

Hold up, that’s 286Wh and only 36km?? Whats your gear ratio, I am curious. I was trying to calculate the range of my own hummiexHaggy wheel set drive

1 Like

Yep, I’m using 14:53, but keep in mind the slow average speed, this is an unusual situation for me, in day to day riding, 35 km/h top speed and averaging about 25 km/h I get 11 Wh/km with this board

2 Likes

More wet riding, this time completely unintentional, as each block went my fear of one VESC shorting increased, but as it turns out, without deep puddles no water is sprayed at the motor wires hole, that is the only place that still no completely sealed

1 Like

Now I can say my board is capable of 100% grade :grin:

image image

10 Likes

Sure. However you will not be.

3 Likes

Since my remote died unexpectedly, absolutely nothing to do with it getting wet multiple days in a row, I moved forward with my Firefly

A few mods from the original, included two bearings on the wheel to a smoother action and made a little on off button since I’m not a fan of the sliding switch sticking out of the bottom

image image image

11 Likes

how are you going to do the button for the power. Great work!

Thanks

It’s the button on the bottom, just a latching switch with a blue 3D printed piece glued to it

1 Like

Turns out it was just the power button that stopped working, replaced and back on the road

IMG_7315

5 Likes