"The Spook" | Trampa Urban Carver | Kaly.NYC Gear Drive | 12S4P | 2x6374 | Eboosted Enclosure | FOCBox

Meilan new X5 Smart Bike Tail Light –Automatic Brake Light,Laser Light,Turn Signal Light,Wireless Control,USB Rechargeable and Easy to Install https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075PYDN5V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LwQGBb5DZWBR4

Suptig Diving light High Power Dimmable Waterproof LED Video Light Fill Night Light Diving Underwater Light Waterproof 147ft(45m) for Gopro Hero 6/5/5S/4/4S/3+/2/SJCAM/YI Action Cameras https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BCC4VQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2wQGBbHST2GR4

Both run off of rechargeable battery. I 3D printed GoPro mount for Meilan.

2 Likes

@cody00 PM’d Kaly to find out when he’s getting some more DD’s in. I’m thinking I am going to go ahead and purchase the gears even though I don’t have my board yet. I’ll order the board before the end of the month. I work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico (For the Oil and Gas industry). I don’t expect to be home until then. Going to get all the stuff ordered before I get home so i can work on and build my board when I’m home. I keep looking at your build every day. It really looks amazing.

Sounds awesome @ElectricCoast. Kaly had an email that went out this morning saying “Extended Promo to 2nd Batch, 20 Units Available. Secure Yours Today :-)” so hopefully he has some ready.

A few things I have learned from my first build and from this build.

• Take your time. Let things dry that need to dry. Measure where holes should be drilled. Use a file to slowly make any cutouts perfect. When you have a pile of parts when you get home don’t rush it :).

• If you are going to make your own battery. Research, research, research all of the correct way to do things and safety precautions. Otherwise, buy one from a reputable builder.

• I had a 10s3p on my first build and quickly regretted that after experiencing voltage sag. Don’t try to save money by getting a smaller battery. In any future builds I will find myself between 10s4p->12s5p probably.

• When you order from Trampa pick up at least an extra tire/tube/wheel. Also go ahead and get a handful of bushings since they are so cheap and you might mess a few up trying to get kaly drive on. I recommend the yellow dampas as well for keeping some type of carving. You will be doing a lot of straight lines with the stiff dampas (i weigh 210lb). I have my yellows drilled out as well and waiting on the custom orange dampas

• I found out the easiest way to remove the springs on trampa is not to try and use some clamp (which I tried initially based on some video) but to unscrew the spring from the suspension and remove the adjustable screw from above. Stand on the board slightly and slide the spring out. Don’t unscrew both at the same time or you will find that one of the springs will shoot out

Be safe out there on the water and be on the look out for the Meg.

1 Like

I’m very meticulous. I’ve been buidling drones for a few years now and those are smaller and have all the very same parts. As for the battery I’ve decided to have someone build my battery for me. I contacted the same guy that built your battery to see if he could give me a price. I plan on a 12s4p but I’d like to more parallel cells if I could. I’m a big boy 240 lbs so I need it.

On the enclosure I have, I would not have been able to fit a 12s5p. Maybe you are going box on the top of board? Or you could possibly do 10s5p vs 12s4p. Mine was street carver board. Maybe HS11 will give you more room.

Yeah I"m going to 12s4p for mine and I’m going to use the same board as yours. My mind is made up.

Awesome build! Would you be comfortable disclosing an approximate cost? If not, are there any changes you’d make if you were to do it again?

@cody00 so I ordered everything but made some changes along the way. After speaking with @Kaly he suggested that I purchase the HolyPro 35° deck since I’m a bigger guy. He built me a 20700B 12s4p battery with enclousre, BMS, 8A charger etc… I purchased the direct drives as well from him. I should have the build put together by the middle or end of next week. I forgot to order the extra bushing, tires and tube ike you suggested hopefully I’ll be ok for now. I ordered a print for the Meilan light via thingiverse that’s going to take up to 10 days (booooooo). The direct drive, battery, charger etc… and Trampa board should all be here by the end of the week.

Hope your build went well @ElectricCoast . I haven’t seen a 8A charger. Let me know how fast that pack charges up. Must be like an hour

Nothing I would change on this build, @totalgeek9224 . I would have had all kinds of things to tell you on the first build but I wanted this one to be perfect. I never took the time to add up all of the cost (I like to be able to say… “uhhh. i dont know honey”) - I would guess somewhere in the $2500 range

1 Like

I still haven’t started the build as of yet. There was an attempted delivery to my house 2 days ago but I didn’t receive a notification from the USPS for my gear drives. Kaly still has not sent my battery but he assured me that he would send it this Monday (2 days from now). So with that being said I should hopefully be able to start the build by next weekend.

In the meantime I have other ancillary things that need to be done such as filling the holes on the Holypro deck plus prepping all the items to go on the board including some programmable LEDS for the bling bling effect. l’ll take my time making myself familular with the VESC tool and my Flipsky 6.6’s. Ironically I just realized that I am still waiting on my canbus cables. I digress, my point being is there are other things that I will be keeping myself busy with.

The charger from completely empty batteries to full charge would take by the math 2 hours and 7.5 minutes of course not accounting for the time it takes to balance. I read somewhere for 18650 batteries that you’re best of charging them at 1/2 C. I would assume that 20700B batteries would be about the same. On a side note if I am wrong about the charge rate and you could charge the batteries at lets say 1C then I know that YZPower has a 50.4V 15A charger and if that could be used then you could charge the battery from empty to fully charged in about 1 hour and 8 minutes again not accounting for balancing time.

Thanks for the follow up. I’ll keep you posted and will try to do a build log.

1 Like

I was looking to buy something similar. But I am mainly looking to fit 10s5p under the street carve deck. Anyone have idea if it can be done ? I am trying to work with evolve BMS n ESC along with evolve LCD remote . Thx

In my particular situation, there is no way I could have fit an extra two cells in there for (10S5P). Having one VESC would solve the problem or if your enclosure extended out slightly further (see bottom of my board) then it wouldn’t be a problem either. However this would probably cause a non-uniform layout. The best person to ask would be @Eboosted

Very awesome build!!! Just a heads up, Im Not sure you know this but in the USA, a “spook” is a derogatory term used against black people! :flushed:

1 Like

It’s also a term used for 3 letter agencies like the CIA.

3 Likes

I saw that . I ordered the trampa enclosure, just gonna have to cut a little bit , n gotta find someone to make me a pack of 10s5p with flexibility.

Had no Idea… had a really racist neighbor once. Old man constantly called black people “spooks”

That depends @Bobby on the usage it’s also a reference for a spy, or a ghost.

:open_mouth: didn’t know that. I was going for the meaning of “Ghost”

No worries. I didn’t know it meant spy as well. It’s honestly a really old term and i knew you meant no offense. It doesn’t take away from how amazing the board is :+1:t3:

1 Like