The Sleek Commuter | Globe Big Blazer | MBS 100mm | Chain Drive | 10s2p | Keda 6364 190kv

They have circuit boxes in many sizes that a perfect I used one for my vesc enclosure it’s bulletproof IMG_7851

2 Likes

So I’ve received my batteries, motor and VESC - now i’m freaking out as the batteries are at 30% and it says charge to storage level asap. i didn’t realize that’d be the case and i have yet to buy the charger etc.

is it an issue to leave the batteries for a few weeks in this state?

Actually a high chance is might be a month or more before i have the gear to charge the batteries

No. 10 char

1 Like

any ballpark on how long “asap” as HK suggested could mean

Lipo batteries like all batteries degrade over time. The rate of degradation is accelerated for charge states below 20% and over 80%. As long as the pack does not drop below 20% (and it should not unless it is defective) you have at least 3-4 months before it looses that 10%.

1 Like

thanks heaps man i was freaking out hard! biggest expense of this whole thing about to dwindle away

I have Lipos over 5 years old at storage charge state that have not lost 5% of their charge. Just make sure to monitor the voltage from time to time. Sometimes you may get a defective pack that leaks voltage due to various reasons. I had a 6S 5000mAh pack that would lose charge in one of its cells over the course of one year, IR was fine on all 6 cells and it discharged fine, no short on the balance wires. I could not pinpoint the reason it lost charge at that one cell but kept using it without problems. At one point I had not checked it or flown the RC helicopter I used it for, so that one cell died and I sacrificed it to make a 3S pack to power my spot welder.

2 Likes

First bit of real work done. I think there is still some metal shavings inbetween the washers .

need to adjust it at bit as I know it’s not straight it’s just in there temporarily no lock-tight yet.

thanks to @pat.speed for the washer recommendation, they work perfectly.

20181221_152407 20181221_152416 20181221_152411

1 Like

2 Likes

Another tip, you should be able to fit a skate bearing inside the sprocket. That way it’s perfectly aligned. You might need to file down the truck to fit it though

2 Likes

Unfortunately i am yet to get trucks but i think you’re right it probably wont fit.

I have to wait a while as I cancelled the order - word of warning for anyone don’t buy from Hopkin Skate - legit does not communicate at all had to chase him up a million times as order was not confirmed to be sent after over a week and he said “oh yeah this is delayed due to lost shipment sorry”

I personally think from my experience that your worth getting a flipsky 4.12 vesc as you can get them for 80 aud instead of 130 aud from ebay and I own both vescs and I see no quality difference, also whoever said caliber 2’s aren’t good for speed is full of it. I have a single 6374 motor 12s build and I have a top speed of 60kmh and my caliber 2’s are super loose so I can make tight corners and are still smooth and don’t wobble at high speeds, so I would recommend caliber 2’s. Also their 100 bucks on ebay instead of 70 bucks per truck for evolve and they will fit the hobbyking mount way better.

1 Like

thanks for the advice man, i’ve already got the HK vesc and i did order caliber 2’s but need to order again from somewhere else as the vendor is a joke.

can anyone chime in on batteries i’m pretty confused, when they shipped from HK it says theyre at 30% and to recharge asap. but i’ve checked them all and they’re all around the correct total voltage for the pack, shouldnt the voltage be less if they’re at 30%?

Whats the voltage?

7.4v is the pack rating they’re at 7.48 or 7.5 or 7.47

is it a 3s battery or a 2s?

5 x 2s batteries

individual cells are seemingly correct aswell at around 3.7v I’m just confused as to the 30% charged bit i’d have expected to see less voltage or am I totally wrong?

no 3.7 volts is around 30% for a lipo

Li ion batteries have a consistent discharge curve whereas lipos are weird, heres a chart: https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjVjOSw1bDfAhVSbn0KHaueAgIQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Foscarliang.com%2Flipo-battery-guide%2F&psig=AOvVaw0qOrejFRGaU-wmSq6leWxd&ust=1545472910377858

ohhh so in total i’d have two 7.4v within the pack? so really 14.8?

because i thought it was 7.4v in total

1 Like