The Sarlacc | Landyachtz Evo with Psychotiller Enclosure | Dual TB 6355 190kv | 12s4p Akhlut PCBs 30Qs |Surfrodz RKP/Psychotiller Mounts| DieBieBMS | Psycotiller Enclosure

Well, as you probably expect it, I’ve changed my mind again. Turns out, I won’t have enough space for the NESE in the evo. I am ordering a set of PCBs from @akhlut and actually building the battery myself.

I pulled all the batteries out and my 737 sealant and started going at it! batteryprep1

I just finished gluing and putting the fish paper rings on each P group just now. Batteryprep

14 Likes

allglued workbench pcb Got my PCBS in and glued them up to the P sets!

8 Likes

(Seriously) nice shirt!

1 Like

Got my black friday @psychotiller enclosure in. A thing of beauty good sir, thank you for all of these amazing products man!

IMG_5767 IMG_5766 IMG_5764

7 Likes

So close to being done! :o

Hows the battery work going?

My nickel strip should be here tomorrow. I got all the PCBs glued up with the P groups. So just waiting on my nickel and I can get going on welding the packs all together.

SOOOO CLOSE!!!

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

Please be careful when you receiver your nickel strip. Just relax for a second.

When I received my nickel strip I immediately started spot welding and was so hyped that I only thought about getting done.

I ended up making a hole in one of my cells and had to change the cell. It made a lot of trouble. Please be careful and take the time it takes.

It’s better to get it perfect on the first try than to rush and have to do it over.

And remember to insulate the p-groups from each other with some fish paper or something else.

Good luck on the build!

2 Likes

I’ve been practicing with some cheaper nickel on an older cell from vaping. I’m going to do the same thing with the new nickel until I get it perfect!

I’ve spent so much damn time building up to this moment, can’t let it all crash down now!

2 Likes

Ohhh yea. I forgot something. Remember to test the welds before you make the welds in the pack.

A good rule I’ve found is you should definitely not be able to rip nickel to battery welds apart with your hands. Be aware, nickel strip is sharp and can give you “paper cuts”. If the weld is strong will it leave, the nickel that got welded to the battery, on the battery when you rip them apart with pliers.

And for nickel to nickel welds, if it makes a hole in the nickel strip when you rip them apart it’s good.

1 Like

mounted mounted2

Got my enclosure mounted last night. I’ll take some better pictures later!

7 Likes

Unless you provide pics i will not believe that you and @Sender are not the same person. Both of you in the same room at the same time. Pics or it didn’t happen

3 Likes

Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or something else…

1 Like

Hes a very handsome man is tim. Not as handsome as me…

3 Likes

So I guess I’m handsome by association?

But alas, we are separate people, not sure his beard is big enough to truly compare us.

4 Likes

pics or it didn’t happen

1 Like

I’m at work! Not allowed to take pictures here.

1 Like

inserts1 inserts3 inserts4 inserts5 Got my inserts in and the enclosure mounted up!

Nickel strips got delivered today, doing the scratch and saltwater test over night and then hopefully will be spot welding some P packs tomorrow night!

7 Likes

Oh man, finally read through all this. Your journey has been just that. I’m pumped to see how your battery building goes. That’s next on my list for skills to learn.

2 Likes

Told you man!! This has been one hell of a journey. I’m going to try and have the battery finished this weekend. My workbench carpeting turned out pretty good!

2 Likes

I guess I’ll through and update in here.

Working on my battery with the PCBs from @akhlut.

Got everything spot welded, now jsut slowly soldering the cell level fusing on. I have 4 of the 12 packs finished.

Once thats done, gotta wire up my BMS! I have all the supplies to keep this tight and safe so no worries there, its just a matter of getting spare time to work on it!

IMG_5899 IMG_5901 IMG_5900

7 Likes