The Sarlacc | Landyachtz Evo with Psychotiller Enclosure | Dual TB 6355 190kv | 12s4p Akhlut PCBs 30Qs |Surfrodz RKP/Psychotiller Mounts| DieBieBMS | Psycotiller Enclosure

Quick question for you! I ordered your 12s bare bones Eswitch…I’m assuming so but wanted to make sure it will work on a 10s set up?

1 Like

I’m working on a Loaded Dervish build at the moment and also have a a Flex 1 [stiffest] Tan Tien board. These decks are extremely flexible, which isn’t something i’ve Seen that much of in most builds.

I am going to try mounting my gear in multiple suspended enclosures to embrace and enable the inherent flexibility of the deck. I’d be interested to see how you go in stiffening up the deck. I suppose the board to enclosure bolts would have to be numerous and fairly locked down? Otherwise you would have to deal with all sorts of creaks and rattles as you ride? I imagined that approach might crack the enclosure long term?

how have you deal’t with motor clearance on the back? When i was mocking mine up [the dervish tails kick down a whole lot more] there appeared to be very little clearance between the motor, board and ground.

1 Like

The fiberglass enclosure I made is pretty thick, I haven’t mounted it yet but I’m hoping that its going to stiffen the board up a bit. If not, I am going to try and map out and still use the same mounting locations but use what you are talking about (the multiple enclosures) and somehow route my wiring through the deck. I may even try and throw a layer of CF over it all too to add a bit more rigidity to it.

The motor clearance is perfect once I reversed the mounts around…having them forward facing was just not going to work so flipping them around to the backside of the trucks really opened up the space.

I’ve drawn out 2 different battery scenarios…one being one large pack, and the other is 4 separate 10s1p packs dispersed across the bottom of the board, similar to how i see alot of trampa style builds made.

I’m going to measure out everything tomorrow and try and get a “to scale” drawing of both so I won’t have to drill too many holes into my board.

Hey, if all else fails, I’ll continue to push my tan tien around manually (it really is a kick ass deck) and order a stiffer deck that will fit my esk8 set up.

Have you done any planning for your dervish yet? I have a dervish deck as well, I love that thing!

1 Like

yeah they’re fine at 10S.

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the help!

I mocked up a battery enclosure with offsets on it’s sides in Fusion 360 for cutting on my Shapeoko CNC, but i’ll probably redesign that. Uni has kept me busy and I was waiting multiple months for parts to arrive, so there was no rush in my mind. There are a couple pictures on my build thread, which i should update soon. eLLF Board

I really llike the flexiness so, i’m going down the multiple enclosure route, but i’ve never seen them offset, so that will be itneresting to see if it works. My Dervish tail kicks down, so mounting it how you have it, i end up with like 5mm clearance either side of the motor, which doesn’t work for me. I’m doing a reverse mount like you, but flipping the motor the other way, behind the wheel to give clearance. Something i also haven’t seen done much. Sketch for a bit of context.

I am copying @namasaki for my battery setup, 5 x 2s1p lipo’s and the 'new’bestech 10s BMS, a couple FOCBOX’s. High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

Tan Tien is a much more enjoyable board to be, the shape locks you in, and it feels more nimble to me. It ended up being too short to fit all my gear in the way i wanted too, so that board was out and the longer dervish, in.

2 Likes

Took me a second to get it but I see what you are talking about, had to go look at my dervish.

I’m debating on throwing a layer of CF over my enclosure to help it out a bit, but I’m been doing some digging and have found a replacement deck if needed!

I got my first focbox being delivered today and possibly my BMS so I can start planning my layout!

Got my second focbox ordered, just waiting on getting most things in. I’ll order my batteries in the morning after I’ve had some rest!!! I’m still thinking samsung 30qs in a 10s4p set up.

So I got a bunch of parts in…just wondering what else I need to get! Here’s what I have now!

Item Quantity
10s BMS 1
Focbox 2
5.5/2.1 mm charging jack 1
key style switch (replace) 1
battery indicator 1
5 mm bullet connectors 6
.15 nickel strips 50
threaded inserts and screws 50
bearing spacers 8
nano-x remote 1
HM-10 bluetooth module 1
LHB 12s Eswitch 1
10 gauge silicone wire 10 feet
braided wire sleeve 10 feet
Kapton Tape A lot

Batteries are getting ordered next week!

Actually 5.5 mm bullet connectors

My focboxes have 3.5 mm connectors so I guess I gotta make some adapters for that!

So my eyes are wide open now, after a few nights of staring and researching other builds, I think I jumped the gun on mine. I don’t think the Tan Tien is going to work.

I’m gonna pause my build and finish my vacuum press and try and press a 1 inch drop down deck out of maple and see how it rides. If it sucks, I’m gonna grab a Red Ember deck from @treenutter and an enclosure from @psychotiller.

I have 4 days off, the press is almost done so I hope to have a deck before I got back to work!

2 Likes

Been doing some drawing over here! I took inspiration from everywhere I could look! Tired super hard not to make it look like a Red Ember board but @treenutter, your boards have implanted themselves in my head!

I used my Gibson Les Paul headstock for the ends, and a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder disk for the other curves.

I suck at drawing so this took far too long and I didn’t get my vacuum press finished, but I’m pretty damn happy with the results of my first draft.

Its got a 32 inch wheel base, 10.5 inches wide and will have a flat bottom with concave on the sides.

What do you guys think??

4 Likes

Got the frame and table built for the press. Had to cut 2 inch strips to act as a clamping method to get the vacuum membran to stay on the fram. Drilling holes and mounting it up today,

Still have to figure out the best way to mount it to the table with hinges but I have a few ideas. Once its done, its big enough to press 2 deck at once!

2 Likes

Got the press 99% done. The bottom piece is sealed, gasket ran. All that is left is to put the pump adapter on the pvc sheet with some cement, I’ll be doing that tonight! IMG_4755IMG_4753IMG_4754

I also got the foam marked out and I’m going to try and carve it tonight…its difficult to imagine since I have to basically make it the reverse mold of what I want it to be in the end…hopefully I get it right, I did buy a huge sheet of foam so I can always try again!

IMG_4751IMG_4752IMG_4750

3 Likes

Did some foam shaping! Got a few rough spots to fix but so far so good!

IMG_4759IMG_4760IMG_4761

5 Likes

This is looking good man! I Look forward to watching your progress!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been guessing and trying to learn as much as possible! Its been a slow haul but I’m staying steady and trying to learn as much as possible. Next thing after the deck, learning how to make a 10s4p 18650 battery pack! I got alot of info but I’m still not 100% sure on it yet.

2 Likes

Take your time, took me 7 months to build my first one! Just finished up actually.

2 Likes

That made me feel so much better. I but off a good sized bite of a board and hrs take about as long as you. Glad to hear I’m not alone.

Almost there! Just a bit of tweaking on the form left. IMG_4759IMG_4761IMG_4760

3 Likes