The Sarlacc | Landyachtz Evo with Psychotiller Enclosure | Dual TB 6355 190kv | 12s4p Akhlut PCBs 30Qs |Surfrodz RKP/Psychotiller Mounts| DieBieBMS | Psycotiller Enclosure

7 layers in…this enclosure is gonna be perfect for this board.

Sorry @Wraith, totally forgot to measure it last night, I have a reminder set on my phone to do it when i get off of work! IMG_5084IMG_5082IMG_5083

2 Likes

No worries man! Excited to see how it will turn out :smile: It’s gonna be like the deck was made for the enclosure even lol

1 Like

Actually, I designed the deck before I even picked the enclosure…now I did take some inspiration from @treenutter when planning it out so thats probably why it works so well!

His work is next level though, mine is like a crayon/finger painted deck compared to his museum hung paintings.

1 Like

Yeah I’m glad that its all coming together for you. I don’t even have a single part for my build yet cause shipping takes a while. But hey I can’t even build my own deck for my first build like you so thats definitely something :smile:

1 Like

dude, I didn’t think I was going to be able to build mine. I just read and read and read and watched a bunch of videos and failed a few times.

I have 3 bad attempts that are all sitting there mocking me with their delamination and weird bends…but it makes me wanna do it more!

I’ve seen people make presses out of a couple 2x4s and pipe clamps, maybe $30 of material! I went a bit more than that because I am trying to learn how to make guitars too, and I want to do some flamed maple tops like Les Pauls one day so the vacuum pump and bag was a justified purchase…so I tell my wife at least!

1 Like

Check this guys website out, (https://www.joewoodworker.com/) I built his EVS system and its been amazing, it will kick back on if the pressure gets too low, stays pretty quiet so I can leave it on for hours at a time. I ran the 2 layers last night from 6:00pm to about 6:30 this morning. Going to do the last 2 layers of the deck for a little long just to make sure its all solid before I pull it off the mold.

1 Like

woah dang I could look into that once I can get my build together. Just funding it is kinda difficult already as I bit the bullet on some gear drives which wasn’t even part of my original plan :sweat_smile: looking forward to seeing more progress on the deck!

I’m the same way man, I planned out my parts list, then changed it, then bought some stuff, changed it again, changed it again!

Luckily I have a friend that I’ve convinced to build a board too so all the parts I’ve upgraded mid build he has taken and bought my my six shooters for trade!

But I feel like its all coming together pretty well, the only thing I’m a little worried about is the focboxes, it looks like its going to be super tight and the wires may get pinched, I may have to route out some of the enclosures to make channels for the wires to sit in till they get to the side of the enclosure where there is free space!

1 Like

Yeah if you didn’t show those photos of the diebiebms case then I would’ve jumped on and picked up the enclosure too but now I’m having second thoughts about it. I’ve got the dual Flipsky 6.6’s so I guess theyre relatively similar in size but difficult to say until its actually on the enclosure hopefully by next week!

This weekend I’m going to cut small strands of the wire I will be connecting everything with to see how much actual space I have in between my enclosures. I have my fingers crossed here…but its pretty damn tight already so I’m getting a bit worried. But if there is a will there is a way!!!

1 Like

photo-1(1)photo-1Did a quick redesign of my deck…Felt like with the 6 shooters I would have some clearance issues…I think it looks much better this way!

3 Likes

Uggghhhhh yet another damn delay! I had some delamination on my deck! The fiberglass layer only stuck to one of the layers and 2 of the layers are peeling off on the small section I cut out.

Stay tuned…going to try and cut out the rest of the deck and see if the issue was localized to the one end of the deck!

Do you think stacking the DieBieMS on top of the last N.E.S.E. case would get you the space you need for everything else?

Or maybe not going with the bms enclosure at all?

Also do you happen to have the measurements for it? :smile:

So I was about to update this build thread and realized I never gave you the measurements!!! So before my quick update, here they are!!

Middle recessed area: 1 3/8 inch non-recessed: 1 1/8 inch

I couldn’t find my calipers but i got it pretty close! Hope this helps you out man!

1 Like

Got a few things going on this! Finally got the right belts and motor pulleys but it looks like I have to shave off a bit of the motor axle…is this a difficult thing to do??

I got the press about halfway done and finally got my shipment of veneers! I got enough to do 5 decks with 11 ply. I’m going this weekend (hopefully) to get a slab of oak or poplar to have my friend CNC me a mold for the press! The CAD drawings are being done right now by a friends dad who has been doing engineering drawings for the past 15 years, so fingers crossed that works out too!

Oh and I built myself a quick rack to hang my veneers and boards in progress!

I’m up to 8 orders for decks and I haven’t even finished the first one, people I know have alot of faith in me! I just have a few things I’m waiting for and then it will be happening!!!

Quick picture blast of everything thats happening!

IMG_5153IMG_5152IMG_5151

6 Likes

Thanks! wanted to get as accurate measurements as possible with the enclosure cause I would like to try double stacking the 2s4p nese modules on that enclosure. I measure a double stack to be 44mm high so it should fit that enclosure given that I have about another .5 inch of depth with the deck cut out on the hummie deck. What do you think? :smile:

Slow going over here…my first deck turned out pretty good except for the very last layer, I had to scramble to get it laid up and it wound up bubbling up in a few spots in the vacuum press.

The deck is super solid and has barely any flex. I got a small router table built and mounted my router last night so I can do the final shaping of the ends and add the “round over” on the sides all the way around. I’m still going to use this deck for now until I get my hydraulic press built and make a replacement deck. Once the new one is made, I’ll transfer everything over and hang this one up on the wall of my shop as a reminder of the lessons learned! roughcut Here’s a quick picture of the inital rough cut of the deck. Added in some indents on the side to act as pseudo handles.

The press is getting close to being done. 15 layers of HDF all laminated together with (eventually) 10 1/2 inch carriage bolts through all of it. The layers are pressed and laminated together now and I built a rolling base for it. Coating everything in some spar urethane so the wood doesn’t swell down the road.photo-1(5) This thing is rock solid, I had my wife hold it and I was jumping up and down on it as hard as possible and nothing even budged, I know thats a big difference from having a dozen tons of pressure put on it but I’m feeling pretty good about it so far.

I’m going to use three 4 ton jacks for now and build a handle that will attach all 3 jacks together so I can pump them at the same time. I will probably upgrade to 2 bigger jacks and get some sort of a pressure gauge set up for more accuracy.photo-1(6)

The 3d rendering of the deck was finished, but we decided to make a few tweaks to it. So just waiting on that to be finished. I sourced a big ole slab of oak to have it all cut out of when its ready!

Besides that, I have all of the parts I need to actually finish this! I just need to sand down the deck and shape it, then wire it all together! Work has just been insane and I keep getting distracted by making this damn press.

2 Likes

Any progress on this?

I was actually downstairs in the garage doing some work. My project at my day job has gotten insane so I haven’t had much time to build. I’ll take some more update pics too!

So right now: I have all the hardwood cut and planed straight to start vertically laminating them to make my mold.

I got a licenses to Solid works for free so I’m trying to figure out how to model it. My friend still has access to the CNC so thats going to be the thing that holds me back.

SOOOOOOO Yet another change! I picked up an evo and ordered an enclosure on @psychotiller’s black friday sale! So since I’m having to teach myself all of this CAD and mold design, I’m just going to move this build onto the Evo deck so I can start riding. The custom deck all this other work has been for, will be the second build! So I guess its time to update my title with the Evo as the deck…damn this build has changed so many times.

2 Likes

Evo And once I saw the surfrodz and the six shooters on this deck…how could I resist to make this thing go fast!?

8 Likes