The Sarlacc | Landyachtz Evo with Psychotiller Enclosure | Dual TB 6355 190kv | 12s4p Akhlut PCBs 30Qs |Surfrodz RKP/Psychotiller Mounts| DieBieBMS | Psycotiller Enclosure

So I got a bunch of parts in…just wondering what else I need to get! Here’s what I have now!

Item Quantity
10s BMS 1
Focbox 2
5.5/2.1 mm charging jack 1
key style switch (replace) 1
battery indicator 1
5 mm bullet connectors 6
.15 nickel strips 50
threaded inserts and screws 50
bearing spacers 8
nano-x remote 1
HM-10 bluetooth module 1
LHB 12s Eswitch 1
10 gauge silicone wire 10 feet
braided wire sleeve 10 feet
Kapton Tape A lot

Batteries are getting ordered next week!

Actually 5.5 mm bullet connectors

My focboxes have 3.5 mm connectors so I guess I gotta make some adapters for that!

So my eyes are wide open now, after a few nights of staring and researching other builds, I think I jumped the gun on mine. I don’t think the Tan Tien is going to work.

I’m gonna pause my build and finish my vacuum press and try and press a 1 inch drop down deck out of maple and see how it rides. If it sucks, I’m gonna grab a Red Ember deck from @treenutter and an enclosure from @psychotiller.

I have 4 days off, the press is almost done so I hope to have a deck before I got back to work!

2 Likes

Been doing some drawing over here! I took inspiration from everywhere I could look! Tired super hard not to make it look like a Red Ember board but @treenutter, your boards have implanted themselves in my head!

I used my Gibson Les Paul headstock for the ends, and a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder disk for the other curves.

I suck at drawing so this took far too long and I didn’t get my vacuum press finished, but I’m pretty damn happy with the results of my first draft.

Its got a 32 inch wheel base, 10.5 inches wide and will have a flat bottom with concave on the sides.

What do you guys think??

4 Likes

Got the frame and table built for the press. Had to cut 2 inch strips to act as a clamping method to get the vacuum membran to stay on the fram. Drilling holes and mounting it up today,

Still have to figure out the best way to mount it to the table with hinges but I have a few ideas. Once its done, its big enough to press 2 deck at once!

2 Likes

Got the press 99% done. The bottom piece is sealed, gasket ran. All that is left is to put the pump adapter on the pvc sheet with some cement, I’ll be doing that tonight! IMG_4755IMG_4753IMG_4754

I also got the foam marked out and I’m going to try and carve it tonight…its difficult to imagine since I have to basically make it the reverse mold of what I want it to be in the end…hopefully I get it right, I did buy a huge sheet of foam so I can always try again!

IMG_4751IMG_4752IMG_4750

3 Likes

Did some foam shaping! Got a few rough spots to fix but so far so good!

IMG_4759IMG_4760IMG_4761

5 Likes

This is looking good man! I Look forward to watching your progress!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been guessing and trying to learn as much as possible! Its been a slow haul but I’m staying steady and trying to learn as much as possible. Next thing after the deck, learning how to make a 10s4p 18650 battery pack! I got alot of info but I’m still not 100% sure on it yet.

2 Likes

Take your time, took me 7 months to build my first one! Just finished up actually.

2 Likes

That made me feel so much better. I but off a good sized bite of a board and hrs take about as long as you. Glad to hear I’m not alone.

Almost there! Just a bit of tweaking on the form left. IMG_4759IMG_4761IMG_4760

3 Likes

Dammit guys…I started looking around, now I’m looking at buying a battery instead of building my own.

I found the miami electric board one and a the hyperion guy…

I’m so torn right now, do i just cowboy the F up and build the battery, or order one from a trusted builder and call it a day?

The press works!! I’m going to throw the wood in there today and see if it really works! Wish me luck, I’ll post some pictures of it later tonight, gonna leave it in there for 8 hours! IMG_4787

4 Likes

I just learned a very crazy lesson in vacuum pressing a thick deck with more complex curves…do it a few layers at a time, not all 9!!!

The press started working perfectly but once it reached the right pressure I noticed that the top 4 ply didn’t have the right curve on the side of the board.

I took it apart and found that only the bottom 3 layers matched the curves of the foam!! I had to rush to peel everything apart and put just 2 layers in and get vacuum back on it before the glue dried.

I really hope i didn’t screw up the other 7 plys that still have glue on them, everything is pulled apart and i wiped down as much glue as possible.

I’m going to let the first 2 layer set in there for a few hours then slowly add each layer on top of it and hopefully I won’t get any delamination. I saw a walkthrough from roarockit (or however you spell it) where they did this on a drop down deck and it turned out okay!

1 Like

I set up one of my IP cameras to face the gauge so I can see if the pump kicked back on or not! camera

3 Likes

Quick update…work has been insane so I haven’t made a ton of progress. My deck is almost done, most of the layers have pressed, doing them one by one is very time consuming and I can only really do one a day if even that if i’m lucky!!

On another note, I decided to get the N.E.S.E. kit from @agniusm to make sure my battery is super safe! I decided to use this as an excuse to go buy a 3-d printer so I’ve been spending a good amount of time getting it set up (and of course doing upgrades to it)

I printed my first try at one of his 4p enclosures and he approves of it…with a bit of tweaking of course! I ordered all of the hardware for it today!IMG_4828IMG_4830

3 Likes

Got all of my hardware in for my NESE!hardware

I’m working on getting my 3d printer perfect too, been doing alot of upgrades on it so its the most accurate I can get. printer

I’m still chugging along on my deck, my press table def has a leak but I cant find it. Luckily its a super slow leak so the pressure never drops below 18. But I don’t want to run the pump that hot so I’m letting it rest a day or so after each layer, only have a few more to do.

3 Likes

Okay all, alot of changes over here but I feel like they are for the best!!!

My friend has been convinced by me to build his own board so its allowed me to trade some of my parts to him for a set of @psychotiller’s six shooters! So I did some upgrading of my parts list and I’m back on track now

I’m trading him my ripba trucks and mounts and my besttech BMS for a set of six shooters.

I got a set of surfrodz RKPs with psycho’s mounts and couldn’t be happier with these things. I put them on my regular push board and hot damn they are smooth!

I got myself a spot for a DieBieBMS and just got that in the other day as well as slowly getting my N.E.S.E. cases printed up. Also decided to go ahead and buy a few extra batteries and jump up to 12s!

I just mocked up my enclosure set up and holy crap it all fits in there…juuuuuuussssttttt barely!

So I got a few hours of 3-d printing ahead of me before I start getting this going, but the printer is finally working pretty well and I’m printing one right now.

This has been a super slow process but I want to make sure its done right, now its time to learn how to get this DieBieBMS cabled up to my NESE modules and programmed while I’m printing everything.

WIN_20180809_12_53_52_Pro

4 Likes