This built is now complete, but I still want to make a recap about the process,
1- Choosing the right Deck.
At first, I wasn’t really sure about the style I was looking for. So I found a pretty nice web site who where selling wholesale blank deck, ( http://www.skateshred.com/index.php/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks.html ), and I decide to bought 3 deck to see what will be my best option.
At first, I have fall in love with the DropTrough and did my best to set it up right. I use some Original 83mm Flywheels and 55 Caliber II (purple satin for the style), and original gripe tape Job.
But when I finally receive the Motor Mount, I realize that they are to short and it would be pretty hard to put the motor in back of the deck. And because I had already fabricate the Fiberglas enclosure, I was left with only one choice, The KickTail, and I think that maybe for the best.
2- The Enclosure
Like I said previously, I have choose to make my own Fiberglas enclosure, for the pleasure to get my hand dirty, and try something completely new to me.
I’m still not 100% satisfy with the final product, and will probably work on a new version over the next weeks. The new design, will probably get a bit more height, for clearance, and also more angle and curve to be more stylish.
3- Battery And Electronics
I don’t have a lot to say about the battery, other than it’s a modify pack from DiyElectricSkateboard ( In fact I have only use the cell from the pack), with a custom hightech BMS, that can use a momentary switch.
The Battery display is the same that plenty of people use ( http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12V-24v-36V-48V-Lead-acid-Lithium-Indicator-Battery-capacity-Tester-volt-meter-/172018886570?hash=item280d1fe7aa:g:np0AAOSwcBhWYWik ), but with a different package ( http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12v-24V-36v-48v-Acid-lead-indicator-Lithium-Battery-capacity-digital-voltmeter-/181965846894?hash=item2a5e02796e:g:UKUAAOSwSHZWc-bq ), that is easier to mount without any screw.
and the other electronic are VESC VESC VESC VESC VESC VESC nothing else to say.
4- Mechanic, most of the parts in this section will change over the next week, I’m still waiting on for some part to upgrade everything.
The Motor is a 6355 230kv from DiyElectricSkateboard, it working pretty fine, for a motor with a missing part on one of the magnet. And I know in some picture you see a 5065 170kv (again from TorqueBoard), but I burn it in the first 10km, so Now it the 6355.
The Belt is a 265mm (9mm wide), and the pulley are 15T 36T. I din’t have many choice for the gear ratio, because the motor mount from Psychotiller was a bit to short for the 265mm belt, and I have to shift everything to make it work with the only belt size I had.
5- In conclusion some picture of the not so final product.