The Racers Room

Sounds like you have either different parameters or some huge resistance somewhere. But you would probably notice that difference coasting when switching to your other board.

but whereā€¦ everything is the same hahaā€¦ all I did was swap the trucks and power system from one board to another

Is there anything specific that did change?

Or some magic pixies escaped so maybe find them and put them back.

Did you charge batteries between runs?

1 Like

Nope I have a 5p pack itā€™s usually food for 3 days of riding haha

Well speed will decrease as pack empties. Everything else should be the same

Speed increased tho haha

And its consistentā€¦ between boardsā€¦ I was stumped so I figured Iā€™d cone here since it doesnā€™t make sense

7mph is a huge difference just swapping decks. You did somethingā€¦ All your fault. :grin:

I really didnt haha and yes I know it is

Esk8 racing in the UK !

5 Likes

Well I finally read through the whole thread and I must say itā€™s been interesting seeing all this innovation and plans for the future. One day I will start putting down the big bucks to upgrade my board/gear and maybe even meet some of you, but until then Iā€™ll be watching from the sidelines and learning!

1 Like

For this reason I believe sponsorship in this new sport will be required for it to be successfulā€¦

I would like to see riders for brands, just like in traditional skateboardingā€¦no teams from companies with a bunch of employees or special projects and such, but normal everyday hard core good eskaters, supported and funded to go raceā€¦

3 Likes

@MoeStooge 63mph eh?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGudtvgCh3

3 Likes

@MoeStooge

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/apply-to-set-or-break-a-record/

3 Likes

anyone currently up? i wanna pick yā€™alls brain on gear ratios for a mesh gear drive instead of chain/belt drives.

1 Like

gear ratio is gear ratio, donā€™t matter none if it is driven by spurs, shaft, belt, chainā€¦

i have changed my mind on the gear driveā€¦ someone brought up a valid point on the belt being a purposeful weak point and being an easier more cost effective replacement vs breaking a gear

So I finally separated this damn stator from the housingā€¦ I separated all the phase wires and now I just need to find a can w/mags since the can for this motor was dented and broke (why I took the stator off)

As to the whole reason why, Iā€™m building my 12v delta/WYE switch I mentioned a while back. More 1 motor u would need 2 of the relays in parallel shown in the pic since they are only rated for 40A

15300555872561925289286 153005565624873099672

2 Likes

Really small package for a delta WYE switch, and the buck converter is to get a constant 12v for the relay

Gearing up to Mod1.5 for the Redmond, Wa 8 mile race on July 14. Will be the fastest avg speed race course to date. Should make things interesting. IMG_20180701_094409_222

26 Likes