The Racers Room

well i don’t know Chinese but it looks like theres some noise in the rpm? tire slip or remote noise?

what esc are you using?

1 Like

Moe has shared enough pictures already so… Toro Beast 200a

it goes right out of sync. +12500rpm at “0” the throttle also looks choppy

the other esc is only ~7000rpm odd at nearly 60mph… that extrapolates out to Moe gearing the board for well over 100mph so I think it has to be some kind of fault. Rx circuit brown out is my first guess. I’d try a cap bank.

1 Like

Eating Crow: Dug into the data logger deeper and found I was not looking at the 57mph run. Logger was set-up on cycle and I was looking at a bench test from an earlier cycle. Data from the 57run looks ok from both esc… back to my first thought.

1 Like
1 Like

Appropriate, yuup!

so you wont have any more locking wheels!? good luck Moe take care, so close, make sure it’s all solid. maybe throw on a foil like that pic above to hold you down in the rear or front too

1 Like

have a beer dude :beer: you’ll get over it. batteries look low… 3.7v per cell down to 2.9v, might need to use a bigger pack next time?

1 Like

That was the 7th pull on 8000mah 8s.

1 Like

The 7th doesn’t sag much more than the first, although the charge voltage has dropped. Suggests you are using more than they can give in my opinion and you have hit the ampacity floor. Might need to go 2 or even 3p bro, if you keep whacking them with WOT and it sags down to low 3.?v a cell… (over 1 volt a cell sag) they won’t last very long before they start dropping in full charge voltage, then they sag more… then… plus you are robbing about 20% of your topend.

So much more speed to be had from your current RBII, once your knee is better bro you will be steezing it up at +60mph :sunglasses:

Well said :+1::+1:

Rubbing is racing

1 Like

Attention SoCal. Seeking out individuals interested in testing and tuning the 3-link truck for Down Hill application. Persons Need to be Avid DH riders active in the DH racing scene and have an Interest and desire to cross over to esk8 racing… PM me if you have a lead, thanks.

2 Likes

Ok I know this thread is more about talking about performance than racing now so I thought I would suggest maybe we organise getting together and holding a racing series. Hopefully some of the bigger builders will come on board and help with this. But i can see this being a good thing for developement of boards and having the win on sunday selll on monday sales , that car manufacturers use to do.

I think we maybe just make it a limited class of max 3 KW motor and a limit on number of cells and cell type. This way use the consumer will be better more robust devices and the sellers get sales .

1 Like

https://mtouch.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155004643622735&id=551637734&set=a.332652817734.161623.551637734&source=57.

I what does the rule book looks like. Gonna be tough to regulate modifications. I wonder how much evolve has to be left on the board to qualify to race.

2 Likes

Whoa wtf?

Mario Kart boarder cross race with guns, bombs, guns, and missles?

1 Like

That’s not a race, that’s a commercial and its why tivo was invented l. If they want to be a real skateboard company they should sponsor real skaters…

3 Likes

Aren’t you the one that tell about everyone is a skater???

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of spec racing. When the rule book is vague and tech inspection is non existent It leaves out innovations and opens the doors for innovative cheaters. The hype is cheesy, but there will be a decent turn out and also some talented individuals jockeying powered lean tilt steer devices at speed, battling for the podium. Not for everyone but to the guys riding in this it’s a race.

1 Like

If you ride a skateboard, yeah you’re a skater! exactly…I agree…but I just think that events for only one brand of complete skateboard is a transparent marketing commercial…I like the idea of spec racing though…should just be all inclusive…to all skaters, not just the ones who bought a evolve or bought a whatever…maybe they should have like 30 charged boards there and invite rad skaters we all wanna see race go head to head on matching boards… existing pro skaters winning downhills, ultra-skates and even freestyle…that would be worth watching…get some famous old skaters to race spec boards…

so i didnt know this place was a thing (im exploring the forums more in my time of boredom), anywho… have any of you experimented with delta wye switching on a board? i have an idea, using 2 40a relays in parallel (to give me 80A max) for switching between the 2 terminations

EDIT: here’s a schematic and the relay this circuit is built around is JQX-38F dc 12v, it’s an 11 pin 3pdt relay. I have 2 on the way to conduct testing

2 Likes