The Racers Room

I almost always run front wheel drive and never have gotten wobbles, but then I max out maybe 34mph max ever. you can get rear wheel wobbles too tough right?

1 Like

Epic runs man. Glad you’re okay

Having ridden your board do you think bushings would help. Bushings to have resistance so you can do a much lower tuck and keep all the weight on the front truck.

How come you’re not doing a more aerodynamic downhill type tuck? Just curious. Great runs though, Rocket Popsicle Stick Man!

1 Like

SPD1 44mph run, SPD2 and cruising I ran a soft Durometer bushing, front and rear.

For the lake bed I had a very hard duro bushing.

4 Likes

Impressive!

Aero tuck definitely puts the body in a better position for a crash, but for me when accelerating hard it feels all wrong. One of the things Chuck mentioned was his surprise at how hard he had to accelerate for his car to keep pace.

3 Likes

no washers for bushing?

No washer no king pin. Does have a steel sleeve inside the bushing to set preload and keep a mechanical connection between the pivot ball and the collar.

It just appears if those bushings had stiff washers, it’d be more tight.

Danm, that was one hell of a fall. Good things you had full leathers.

1 Like

You did an awesome job editing the footage! Your video was almost as exciting as watching it live!

1 Like

About 2017… looking back at the year at what the community has accomplished both through independent projects and bars raised through friendly competition is inspiring. @BigBoyToys 100 mile run is a prime example of how competition drives people to develop the better mouse trap. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/100-mile-range-the-hyperoodon-project/40211/31?u=moestooge. Was not long ago 35mph boards with 30 mile range were extreme. Can’t wait to see what 2018 brings us.:metal::checkered_flag:… my First build Jan 2017.

stooge Raceboards V2

7 Likes

Ive built mostly cruisers up until now, currently Im building a 40mph board. I got balls not quit as big as @MoeStooge :). After literally thousands of miles riding and a dozen builds I feel like its a natural evolution. This year has brought us a lot better gear and more possibilities.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see what V3 will look like :checkered_flag:

You feeling sore Moe? …are you going to have another crack at the record this weekend? any thoughts on how to keep the back end down yet… just practice or maybe a adjustable wing with side plates on the back of the Stooge Raceboards V2?

Was thinking about an anhedral wing with vertical Stabilizers soon after the run. The dirt definitely has grip disadvantages but the open area makes it worth trying again. A rear foil would be my first choice before adding static weight to the rear. V3 will be an off road board front and rear Swing arm coil over 3-link on tillers 6shooters. Most likely be a small Inrunner quad drive.

4 Likes

About 3hrs after the desert slide my right knee went from looking ok to looking like a grapefruit in about a 15min period. So currently waiting for it to get back to normal.

2 Likes

heal fast dude :thumbsup:

1 Like

5 Likes

Checked data log from 57mph run today. Anyone see a problem here?
ESC2

ESC1

1 Like

no one else weighing in? i’ll hold my breath a little longer… :hushed: