The Racers Room

How much money you got?

3 Likes

How much room for hub motor in here. Put a piece of phenolic between the motor and wheel and whamo, the quiet killer

1 Like

yeah man. But it is hard to find poeple who want to shred on an esk8 not just chill and relax.

Only serious sessions I had was when I let downhill mates use a second board of mine. We do alot of group rides with the esk8 squad but mostly very chill.

And I mean, we are in switzerland, more or less the riders paradise in the world. Our standards are so high that all roads are ridable, even beautiful mountain passes etcā€¦ (brb finding likeminded poeple).

1 Like

It wasnt Jason it was another one of our brothers

1 Like

Do they sling hubs or satellites?.. How many more questions do we get?

@chaka lol no guessing lol and not really a vendor per se lol

Hm, guessing it was one of the mods/leaders then. I think I know whoā€¦

Lol not good to make assumptions.

:thinking:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V_Z8hD4X6286X0GZ-1O5yh74aZT-lGvHH2ztTJpKhHc/edit?usp=sharing

waitā€¦ what?

Allright. Took my own advice. Got in contact with multiple freeride events, 4 immidiately agreed to host us as a seperate category for a race. And since 4 times a day everyone is down and needs to get back up, we also get an uphill race. Theoretically we got 4 races now, mayby I can get it to 5, then we could have a seirous competition over the events. (in central europe/ switzerland).

10 Likes

That is fantastic. That will be a great venueā€¦

2 Likes

Would there be any way to get a mixture of uphill and downhill in this setup? Climbing/descending.

mayby. uphill to the start point and downhill on the other side. But would make the ride farily long.

Iā€™m just a noob spitting ideas but I feel like ideally you would want a mixture with esk8. What youā€™ve started is great. Maybe down the line it isnā€™t too much trouble to have a line that splits off the DH track slightly. But no reason doing that before you even get started.

For pure DH everyone starts with empty batteries!

Of course it is not ideal. But to get open road closed off, with safety nets, medics and support staff for an esk8 event is far fetched if not impossible atm. We have no real sponsors, no established racing circuit. So my thought was is hang on to the mothershipp that is freeride/downhill. Get more attention and coverage. Join forces and as soon as we have enough traction, money and influence we spread our wings and fly solo into the sunset.

7 Likes

I like the idea of hitching our wagon to the existing industry and events, thatā€™s a great idea. Iā€™m just in favor of the eskating events being eskating and showing what these things can do, not just small aspects. Using an electric to go down a hill is somewhat pointless considering they do it just fine without a motor. Doing hill climbs are just that, very narrow in scope and somewhat specialized. I would prefer a cross country race over some distance to display the abilities of what we can do. Including going up and down hills, and around tight corners and over a long distanceā€¦get the existing industry to buy into the right idea, and youā€™ll have my support. Iā€™m afraid many of their venues are all catered to downhill only, where rolling or flatter terrain may be hard to find adjacent to these events. But itā€™s worth a shot dudeā€¦send itā€¦

1 Like

I wasnā€™t criticizing. Just thinking too far ahead, haha. I do think uphill race makes more sense than downhill though.

1 Like

That sounds great but also very expensive and you have to get the ball rolling first! I think racing on live roads is pretty stupid too.

1 Like

we need streets but we need them empty.

We need neighborhoods that arenā€™t built yet and have stagnated, or an abandoned golf course, or a fairgrounds in the off season. OR a cooperative golf course.

I say golf courses because country clubs have well paved and interestingly curved cart roads intermingled with wavy terrain.and often a couple of miles of it at least.

3 Likes