The Racers Room

Go to Mount Dora, the highest elevation in Florida State.

wow she is quiet Moe… :sunglasses:

@BigBoyToys … no words, that is fucking hilarious… screaming banshee! seriously though, If you open up the gear box how do the spurs look? Is the lube still clean, any signs of wear? A fraction more backlash might quieten them up a bit and reduce wear at the same time :wink:

Did you see the bracket Jenso made for a motorbike steering stabilizer? I’m thinking I might get one…

Are you boys heading to the salt flats next?

1 Like

Im actually running more lash than Jens instructions called for, I dont think it will be getting any quiteter. It was quite the transition coming from dead silent FOC hub builds to this screamer but I think the sound matches the perfomance so Im OK with it. There’s really nothing stealth about this board.

I wish someone would hurry up and make some 8" pneumatic hub motors worth using so I can have my cake and eat it to.

Yes Ive been eyeballing jens stabilizer project, I think he got the idea from @MoeStooge

4 Likes

Noisy gears spook cyclists so they hold their line when you blow past them at a 20mph deficit.

1 Like

how did you come up with that truck and how does it work? how about a movie showing how it moves? very unique.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BanNnMJDUWM/ first 3 seconds sum it up

2 Likes

I didn’t even see the trucks…too much distraction :wink:

Had a high torque single on a set of standard reverse 180mm trucks. I didn’t like the torque steer under hard accel and brake . I wanted to make speed so torque steer had to go. Three link is a 100% mechanical no slop no play adjustable steering system derived from rear steer used in dirt track auto racing with some adaptations to make a tilt steer device. It’s allows for 1 1/4" ride height adjustment and turn adjustability from 9’ radius on a 42" wheelbase board to 2deg for high speed stability. Axle can be built to accept belt, gear or hub motor. Axle width is what ever you want it to be and can be changed in a few minutes, all hardware gets reused. What I don’t have yet is different durometer bushings. That’s about it.

5 Likes

10 Likes

I mean 55+ is ok on a topmount but i triwd a trampa once. At 10 I was shitting myself lol. Be safe brother.

peace out to all the goofy foot brothers at SPD2 represent!

1 Like

say what!

3 Likes

Meant at 10mph not age :wink: Or am I missing something completely?

1 Like

are you just uncomfortable with the bindings?

1 Like

Well stance is the biggest imao. Whatever I did, monoski, snowboarding or downhill/freeride, stance was allways facing forward. Having my hips and torso against the direction I am going kills every sense of security for me.

Bindings feel weird as well though. I move around so much on my deck, even on my esk8. Having that movement restricted felt terrible honestly.

2 Likes

Yeah, 25mph seems to be the sweet spot on these boards. I tried again lasy night and cant break 40mph without the wobbles. Im gonna try using wedges on the front and bolts on the rear next

I’m sure you could find some OEM valve springs that are the same diameter, but have a heavier spring rate and maybe a little bit taller, so they are preloaded when installed.

1 Like

THAT board… lord have mercy. I could write a very interesting slice of life comedy short story about that one.

1 Like

Just a note to your crash. I guess when you use different brake power on the front and rear truck (e.g. 70% front and 30% back) the instability at braking might can be eliminated.

The video is in german but it shows the difference when the front blocks and when the back blocks.

4 Likes

Whos the bitch that flagged my pictures

6 Likes