The Racers Room

you are going to struggle with insurance for a race that includes

good luck

If you require insurance to ride your electric skateboard, then your not allowed to enter.

Have all these eskate races included insurance? Iā€™d be curious how they went about thatā€¦

2 points really. As long as it isnā€™t a controled enviroment, nothing race related will happen. Nor any real competition, fights and super ambitious riders. (if anyone had the idea to hold a race or and freeride/downhill event on a public road with traffic, his career in that industry, his reputation and all sponsors would be dead instantly.

Secondly, 90% of poeple donā€™t think about a marathon when talking about racing. The most discussed are 100m sprint, formula 1 etc. Mayby we shouldnā€™t gear towards a sub genre as a goal. (a 12s6p set up will be so heavy, that I would be uncomfortable at 60+).

Racing is skill, balls and respect within a controled enviroment. With safety features, medics, and riders who respect eatch other. Open road? Rough surface? ā€œDynamic worldā€? Sounds more like a survival game to me than something that is aspiring to be a sport, with sponsors who can get behind it. Family fathers and mothers who would join amd shred hard. I mean I like mad max movies as well, but hell no, not with me as a protagonist in it.

1 Like

no squishy but it has been the objective to build something sustainable, have you read this entire thread?

1 Like

ā€œsustainableā€ is something a business does, and this is something I do in my free time for fun and to challenge myself and share, I donā€™t have a business in this industry. Itā€™s a toy to me really, lolā€¦I just want a better one and Iā€™m willing to help create it, racing is a great proving and testing ground for innovations and better toys. So Iā€™m totally inā€¦

different races need different formats.

We have a modified bustin maestro that would kill on the indoor tracks. 12S3P twin vesc with hummieā€™s v1s. Canā€™t wait to get a setof carvons on there.

Hell no i wouldnā€™t ride that every day. hammock city over 26mph. but iā€™d want it on that cement go-cart track where iā€™d have to carve hard shoot out of turns.

it takes all kinds.

2 Likes

Im planning to give it a go but my custom hill climbing motors are still on order about a month out. I have however been running some range and efficiency tests with my 1600whr trampa, they arent looking good. My carvon board can do 60 miles with the energy it takes this board to go 20miles. I wont have enough juice to make a 5000ā€™ climb even if my motors and speed controllers could dissipate the heat. Have any of you done any heavy climbing tests for more than a mile or two and calculated consumption? My 4wd spur set up is sucking about 50whr/mile on the flats and going up over 100+ whr/mile during heavy climbing. Iā€™d love to hear what you guys are finding for climbing consumption.

3 Likes

iā€™m in Florida. Still trying to find a hill i canā€™t pass cars on.

I heard about a place called Suger Loaf Mountain near where i live. I heard it has a hill worthy of cyclists all around. I want to go to there.

2 Likes

How about IDF dimensions. Isnā€™t this more like what we would like to emulate. 35" wheel base seems kinda unfair to a guy like @BigBoyToys

Maby you wanna limit the Watt Hours as well. Wheel Size, Motor, Rider Weight. Yuck!

2 Likes

is he short? i have a 27" wheelbase.

More than that is nuts in my opinion.

Lets do it in January when I come down to visit!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s one long rollerskate ya got there mister.

2 Likes

Calanderā€™d !

BBT is like 4X your weight dude :muscle: taller :house: next size up in people

while 27" is more than enough for a manlet, it is moderate for those over 6ā€™ plus there are not many people going fast <25"ā€¦ you might as well just race in a stock classā€¦ like productionā€¦ if you want it that narrow?

1 Like

Teardown, clean, inspect, take some rear steer out, and install a taller final drive. Looking forward to speed testing on grippy rubber.

7 Likes

70mph final drive bench test. https://youtu.be/UgT2Mr51xGA

2 Likes

@MoeStooge Were u spinning them up all the way to 70 or was that video at 4s voltage? My set up sounds like its going to tear the space time continuum above 50mph lol.

5 Likes

:point_up: ā€¦That red pickle head is holding the ugliest deck (he should baptize that chic like the Platypus Hulk)ā€¦

ā€¦instead, he should hold the pritiestā€¦:point_down:

ā€¦which will be my 2nd. build one day. Striking!!

1 Like

Donā€™t forget to add 10mph for tire growth. Yup those 9oz wheels of mine donā€™t grow much at 70. Death Tramp sounds like the gates of hell opening. Good God man. dry lake speed brother dry lake speedšŸ

2 Likes

I think our top speeds on the lake bed will be determined by stability more than power since both of our boards have power to spare. Im gonna have to work some magic to keep this squirley beast stable above 40mph :crossed_fingers:. My shoulder aint ready for a repeat of what happened at SPD2.

5 Likes