The Racers Room

Hummie, are you coming down with Luke for Saturday?

1 Like

if I had some of the new motors I’d definitely come but they postponed sending till Thursday again. It’s a long way to go. I know luke is dying to go and go for trophies but my board sits in parts awaiting the new stuff. that’s what I’m most interested in. Wish the event was maybe a week or two away still and then I’d definitely come.

I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to this SPD2. I shorted a motor and I’m still waiting on a new one. Really wish I could go though, would have liked to see everyone’s new set-ups.

2 Likes

@Hummie @pennyboard
Come anyway bros, dont miss out. Racing is only haf the fun. Hanging with the crew and test driving other peoples builds makes it more than worth the drive (flight) out.

5 Likes

i need a venue over here.

1 Like

Agreed. I ain’t no racer, but being a spectator and just riding around is always fun

3 Likes

Is this a new wheel design? Looks lighter than the last design u were testing

1 Like

I would but I also have obligations for school on that day that I sorta can’t miss. I’m gonna try to get them moved to Sunday though and then try to make it out, I deffiently don’t want to miss it.

1 Like

I’m not much of a racer. You can borrow my board if you’d like and I’m sure others will have extra boards as well.

2 Likes

Yep, Im bringing multiple boards, I cant race them all.

2 Likes

I’m going to attempt to race but, I’ve got two other boards you’re welcome to ride. Hopefully you don’t miss it.

2 Likes

Wheel weighs 9oz it’s a hard density foam under lay with a rubber overlay on plastic center. 120mm x 60mm. Hubs are on 10mm sk8 bearings with 30mm of bearing spread. I think these will rival the pneumatic tires on Saturday but you know the proof in the pudding is in the eating so we will see.

7 Likes

The road coarse layed out for SPD2 keeps the competitors in an almost constant turn with one short arcing straight. Should be plenty of room for side by side racing. Maintaining momentum and smooth corners will be the key getting around this course. Torque helps but can get you in trouble as well.

4 Likes

These look awesome, I cant wait to see them in action

1 Like

Man, I spent a solid hour or so reading and watching everything in this topic. I’m so psyched and jealous. Will definitely need to organise something for London. Any other Londoners interested?

2 Likes

Fantastic. We will keep track of what went right/wrong for the event to help you out.

1 Like

Yeah, we need the same thing in central europe, like switzerland, so germany, italy, france etc. could join in with short distances !

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t mind flying a bit as long as I can bring my board with me.

1 Like

I have a fair bit of experience organising events but would benefit loads from this please and thank you. :innocent:

1 Like

Flags ready! SPD2.

8 Likes