The Racers Room

Hey @FredSaberhagen check out The Ridge Motorsports park near Shelton http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

@BigBoyToys how soon till this is ready.

Ho Lee Fuk are those from china. I havenā€™t got your response to the callout. If you need time to iron the kinks getting those monster DD motors ready you got it but lets put a number on the calendar and get this thang locked in.:+1:

Yea, I think if we grease their palms with enough money, theyā€™ll be fine with it. Maybe we could get a big event at some venue like that and find an eskate company(s) willing to put up to help make it happen.

Personally, If Iā€™m racing like that though, I need full leathers. Itā€™s too likely youā€™ll go down at some point. Soon though, Iā€™ll invest in it.

1 Like

If this is in SoCal, I definitely want to be a part of it. And I do have an R2 on pre-order, so donā€™t mind showing how that runs against some of the others. Iā€™ve been watching the hub/urethane argument with my popcorn. Funny stuff. I also want to film this so we can get some video evidence of fastest boards. Letā€™s do a straight up 100m (thatā€™s pretty close to the 330 ft that was discussed earlier. Love the 30 mile race idea, too. Or maybe make it 26.2 and call it a marathon. Also would like to see an enduro for 24 hours of straight racing (charges and battery swaps allowed). Letā€™s see whose motors are still turning at the end of that one.

When it comes to racing, this is the sort of stuff that lifts all boards to higher levels.

3 Likes

In Au Kart tracks are the cheapest to hire and often have a few configurations you can run. Insurance will be the tough thing. You guys might be able to get around that cheap and get the venues to take more notice if you form a formal eSk8 racing club with Pres, secretaryā€¦ The club can rep the members and organize the events/ insurance ectā€¦ Can also be a good vehicle to lobby for law change too. Other wise you might need to cowboy it on abandoned parking lots or the like? Maybe a abandoned air field could work too?

2 Likes

You are right about the insurance. I emailed a couple of go kart tracks to see if they would be open to it. The one that actually replied back had this to say:

ā€œThis is California, lawsuit capital of the world and unfortunately, our insurance company would have a kitten if we did thatā€¦sorry!ā€

When I followed up about having participants sign a waiver, I got this: ā€œLegally, you canā€™t sign a waiver for ā€˜gross negligenceā€™ and thatā€™s how it would be defined if we allowed you to use your own karts.ā€

The OC great park is where El Toro Marine base used to be- so big runways there. I have seen some autocross events out there, but the surface can be sketchy depending on the area. We will definitely need to tackle the insurance thing at some point.

I think 24 hours endurance might be asking a lot, this isnā€™t exactly LeMan. But I think 8-12 hours should be enough tell us how much beating a board can take. Shittt, if you guys can get this ball rolling I donā€™t mind coming over with my @Kaly and @longhairedboy AWD boards to put it to the test and race @onloop R2s and Carvon :wink: Put up or shut up.

4 Likes

I formally submit @Michaelinvegas as our rep for esk8s federation. Dude runs the esk8 instagram with a decent amount of success. Plus he always seems like heā€™s willing to donate his time for this sport, heā€™s a esk8 angel.

I second that! The perfect agent and rep for the sport! Heā€™s killing it!

My whole philosophy for the fast 2 years has been about building beefy boards that can race. I would love to see how my boards fair up against the rest of the community.

1 Like

I am not sure how it works in Cali, but 6-10 people should be plenty to get started, you form club (I think in my state 2 is enough), appoint a Pres, Secā€¦ you need to keep minutes of meetings, hold a AGM. It is like a business but youā€™re not interested in making money just eSk8. You will need to come up with some competition rules that cover basic safety, skater protection, first aid and possibly some scrutineer/ process to classify boards as not mechanically/ electrically dangerous. You know just basic stuff like no metal spikes or spinning blades attached to wheels and having all electrical connections insulatedā€¦ Essentially you will need to show a pencil pusher that you have reasonably mitigated the risks involved and have kept records to show your due process.

5 Likes

But i think we still need an umbrella organization like the International Downhill Federation or the American Motorcyclist Association. This club is basically the judge in these events/race.

Iā€™d love to see a endurance race with all the main eskate companys/builders fighting it out.

1 Like

ya, at that point itā€™d be about the product itself and also the rider. I love watching endurance motorsport race, pushes the vehicle to the limit of what it can do and itā€™ll definitely put this sport in a league of its own.

Ya I like watching vintage endurance races, lots of advancements came out of it.

2 Likes

Lolā€¦Federation? Itā€™s like StarTrek with the Federation of Planetsā€¦ Nanoo Nanooā€¦Take me to your leader lol

1 Like

Not in Au mate, granted when I used to race track cycling the club was also a member of a national and international orgā€¦ but I donā€™t think they exist yet? do they? Problem or asset is eSk8 isā€™nt downhill or motorcycle orā€¦ and if you link with another body they might imply oversight on your rules and club direction. I honestly believe eSk8 racing could become significant, it could become the most accessible form of motorsport to ā€œjoeā€ public.

3 Likes

I worded that wrong. I meant we need the creation of an umbrella esk8 body on a national or international level so that this body can be the judge and record keeping organization.

1 Like

ā€œI come in peaceā€ā€¦wait, wrong show.

My 4wd needs a repair on a drv after a problem with testing out the Carvon hubs yesterday but I should have both up and running in a few weeks. My original 4wd should be back on the road by this weekend.

Can we use jockyā€™s? I think I could still beat u even though Im 280lbs but not sure its fair for me to ha e a 100lb weight disadvantage lol.

1 Like

Still trying to convince my rider that he needs to switch to rkp trucksā€¦

5 Likes