The Racers Room

That’s not 20x500 though? How is the mud plugger? I’ve been thinking about getting them but $30 for shipping is too much in my opinion so I opted for the mbs T3 instead.

lol no it was joke dude :joy: jenso rates the pluggers but

Great progress on testing your idea! :+1:

1 Like

Looks awesome Moe, don’t know how I missed it first time around. Stepping up to 90mm, the race board is looking tough :punch: :smiling_imp: How soft are you going on the rubber? Imagine having enough boards at a meet you actually rubbered up the track :smiley:

Started testing with a harder rubber at 59 on the durometer. I want to flog these things, put heat cycles, miles and speed through them. Then after the process is proven we’ll start playing with softer wheels. Fig8 testing last night proved to have high levels of grip and rubber left on the pavement. So far so good.

in

2 Likes

You know what’s next Moe, burn out vid’s where the stooge gets lost in a cloud of smoke :dash: :smiling_imp: :dash: :dash: :dash:

3 Likes

Have to oblige after testing. I see bleach and smoke as a grand finale for these beta test wheels.

3 Likes

That’s great! @MoeStooge Did the glue hold up? Definitely exciting if it did. Diggin’ how fast you are developing this too.

Bonding agent is doing its job. Time & testing will be the proof. So far it looks promising.

2 Likes

Gotta say at this point with the miles put on these in the heat, the bonding part of it has been a non issue. Rolling resistance is as expected, elevated. Grip levels are superior to thane and with a softer compound I think will rival the current pneumatics dominating the onroad short course events. Back to trying to get these to fail. Will do a mileage/mAh comparison to see roll resistance comparison between rubber and thane. I’m gonna guess and say 18% fall off. We will see what the test # say.

1 Like

Hey! @NummThumz & SPD participants. The socal performance day thread has, i guess, been locked or concluded. We should collaborate and set the next date soon. Maby have a meeting. I would like to see a production board class to generate more entry level interest. A Road coarse race with multiple boards on the track. Heat races. If we organize early we can generate more interest and give people time to plan.

2 Likes

I agree. I think the whole section for esk8 events was closed because the events are not relevant to board building according to onloop. I think the intent is to move more people to the club site.

Regardless, we need to figure out where to discuss our events. Maybe the racing section is it since it is relevant to board building.

2 Likes

Start a facebook page, no worries about being strong armed there.

2 Likes

Seems a bit restrictive to not allow events for DIY boards on this forum imo. Maybe a boxstock event is better suited for the ridersclub forum though? Are u guys opposed to starting a thread on the riders forum in addition to the FB page? It would be nice to at least have a standing link or note in the events section of this forum noting the section had been moved to the other forum.

Jumping from site to site sucks

I made this FB page a little while ago. If you guys feed me content I can manage the page.

Just an offer

2 Likes

It really is abt content and original content. You guys in the racers room are talking on a different level than 99% out there…so very unique conversation that no one else is having…putting in a public space where normal people go would help your membership

1 Like

The club site is dead. We should discuss meetups on this thread. If it gets closed that would be even more BS and we’d probably have to start our own site for the diy community

1 Like

It is dead. And I’m mod lol I can’t find a reason to go there. But think it’s geared towards Raptor owners anyway. Which is fine but very like how evolve, boosted, Acton and the like are with their products and ends up excluding others.

2 Likes

Definitely not dead. It’s barely a month old, give it time, it’s growing nicely. The conversation is totally open to Boosted and gt owners like myself. Yes the raptor thread is the most active so far but this will change.

1 Like